WHQ and Warcry

Circus of Paint

21 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

It sounds like a good idea.

I have just purchased the Silver Tower version. The Gaunt summoner, Ogroid Thaumaturge, Excelsior Warpriest (and gryph-chihuahua) and other models alone are about the price of what I paid.

They are some lovey models, still haven’t painted mine from release day of Silver Tower. 😅

13 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

This is an awesome idea. I also think the boards and terrain would be great for out-of-the-dungeon adventures.

Certainly! The various warbands could also be sprinkled in as Adversaries for each particular Realm-themed adventure in Silver Tower; Iron Golem for Chamon, Cypher Lords for Hysh etc...

I picked up a set of Cypher Lords yesterday, so I think I’ll have a go at some Adversary rules for them!

Questions;

Do you think I should have separate profiles for the Mindbound and Mirrorblades, or just lump them together as one profile?

The Luminate in Warcry doesn’t have much extra about them other than access to the Shadowy Recall ability. Any suggestions on how to make this ability work in Warhammer Quest?

I’ll still add upgrades like the double-bladed sword / glaives as well as the Thrallmaster and Luminate. Looking at using Kairic Acolytes as a base profile to work from, as they are quite similar to the Cypher Lords!

Edited by Circus of Paint
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm mostly an offline frequent lurker here.

But I agree, the possibilities for Quest, Underworld, Warcry Warbands and mini could all easily be integrated into all these games. And use in AoS too off course.

Underworld Warbands would look so cool in Warcry, and vice versa, and some of the miniatures out of Quest (esp the extra hero's) are finding their way into the mercenary Warcry book too.

All you need are stat cards for Warcry, Underworld miniatures cards, and stats for use in Quest, you can easily use a Warcry Band in Silver Tower and so on.

Just like the Underworld teams give plenty of theme to stand alone warbands for anywhere to be honest.

• Like 2

I think any one of the new Chaos war bands are good replacements for the older Chaos Marauder models of which i am not much of a fan.

On a related note I've been using the floor tiles from both ST and SOH for some of my Warcry  games to represent battles underground. 

On 9/11/2019 at 4:44 PM, S_Serpent said:

I'm mostly an offline frequent lurker here.

But I agree, the possibilities for Quest, Underworld, Warcry Warbands and mini could all easily be integrated into all these games. And use in AoS too off course.

Underworld Warbands would look so cool in Warcry, and vice versa, and some of the miniatures out of Quest (esp the extra hero's) are finding their way into the mercenary Warcry book too.

All you need are stat cards for Warcry, Underworld miniatures cards, and stats for use in Quest, you can easily use a Warcry Band in Silver Tower and so on.

Just like the Underworld teams give plenty of theme to stand alone warbands for anywhere to be honest.

Underworld warbands are smaller though, but could be easily expanded. Zarbag's Gitz for instance is about halfway.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Lior'Lec said:

Hey just giving this thread a bump to see if anyone’s actually gotten around to working out stats for the warcry warbands yet (or for any of the underworlds warbands for that matter). 

I was pondering on the Cypher Lords, but hit a roadblock when I couldn't think of a good way to replicate Shadowy Recall. 🤔