Warcry- Corvus Cabal Discussion

S133arcanite

2 hours ago, thediceabide said:

So who has had a chance to play with the allies?

After looking at it, I've narrowed it down to 3 for my Corvus Cabal.

• Chaos Sorcerer Lord - solid ranged attack, though slow for Corvus, the double giving +1 Strength and Attacks for an action can be fantastic on just about anything, especially the Shrike Talon though.
  • Slaughter Priest (either) - decent tanky fighters, but both abilities are super handy for Corvus, giving a solid long-range attack, plus forcing enemies out of cover. Eating triples is annoying, but less bad for Corvus since ours are so situational.
  • Tzaangor Shaman - another good ranged attack, fast enough to keep up, fairly resilient, but their triple works lets you activate a friendly fighter, like the leaders ability, but on a faster model with longer range.

Think I missed some? I don't really rate the allies that just smash face, they don't add a whole lot I think, but maybe I'm wrong.

Don’t play the Corvus cabal, but I agree with the allies. Another great ally is the aspiring death bringer, who can both smash face and give a bubble  of extra damage for a quad, which makes everyone good.

another good ally may just be the chaos lord. Good long range attacks and comes with two abilities that can help the warband out. Giving everyone one within 6 inches an extra inch of movement for a double? That’s insane on any warband!

1 hour ago, Requizen said:

I think any are fine, as Corvus Cabal doesn't really have many weaknesses that need to be shored up. Ranged would be nice, buffs would be nice, but unlike some Warbands, we're not severely  lacking anything in particular.

^ Pretty much this.

The Cabal can take any ally you feel like taking without sacrificing much in return, and they do not require any to be effective.

Personally though, I am kinda sad there is no regular non caster Tzaangor viable, but I think I`ll try to incorporate at least the Shaman for my guys and see how it does. Should it work out, I might wanna get another one and paint him in the Cabal colors :3