Expanding units beyond starting size

swarmofseals

Question

Back in AOS1.0 matched play there was a rule against increasing a unit beyond its original size. I seem to recall this being scrapped along with reinforcement points for summoning, but want to make sure that I'm recalling that correctly. Is there any limitation to adding models to an existing unit in matched play now? And has this changed in the new GHB? Haven't had a chance to pick it up yet.

3 answers to this question

It basicly depends on the wording of the ability. If it returns "slain models" the unit can't get bigger due to an FAQ question. Sadly I think this question was in the old Flesh Eater Courts FAQ, because I don't find it anymore in the actual FAQs.

Normally the rules state "add x models" when the unit can get bigger (for example the standardbearers of Daemons)

Edited by EMMachine

It largely depends on the factions and they units. There are certain ones that will not let you go over the starting size as the ability only returns slain models. And then others that can expand and even add beyond  the original size. It’s just a matter of looking at which ones can do that.