Calculated Risk

PlasticCraic

So the text on this one says:

Score this immediately if a friendly fighter makes a Move action through a lethal hex that damages them but doesn't take them out of action

Does "through" mean you have to go through it and out the other side?  i.e. you can't end up inside the lethal hex and score this?

Thanks!

Until it get's FAQ'd I believe the general consensus is you have to move into and out of it in the same move action. Bit harder to score with low movement warbands and you will generally end up in a risky position within 1 or 2 hexes of a lethal hex. 

Whereas if you were able to score it by ending on a lethal hex you would then be safe from being knocked backed or pushed into it again, which would make an already strong card even stronger.  

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, grimgold said:

I also like the thru interpretation because it means you can't die doing it and still score it. 

given that the card explicitly states that the fighter doesn't get taken out of action - I don't think that is a problem.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I assume Khazgan Drakkskewer can’t claim this objective as he doesn’t take damage from lethal hexes? Or does it damage him, but he ignores the damage? I ask because it reminds me of Yltharis Guardians who can inspire through the act of healing even when they are at full hit points thus not actually healing. 

On 1/18/2020 at 12:05 AM, Thundrik said:

I assume Khazgan Drakkskewer can’t claim this objective as he doesn’t take damage from lethal hexes? Or does it damage him, but he ignores the damage? I ask because it reminds me of Yltharis Guardians who can inspire through the act of healing even when they are at full hit points thus not actually healing. 

His card says “this fighter treats lethal hexes as normal hexes...”

not sure there’s anything to be said to claim that he’s damaged as normal, but then ignores the damage. He simply treats it as a normal hex. There’s no point at which drakkskewer will ever move through a lethal hex as the hexes he moves through are all normal hexes. 

Your guardians example is not the same thing. Their cards have (even if they have no wound tokens) printed on the card itself.