Death army effectiveness?

Caedis

I was hoping someone could look at my death army and offer some feedback. I know that the general consensus is that FEC is the best Death subfaction, but honestly I don't like how the FEC models look, and prefer the skeleton ascetic, especially the morghasts. Also should I go with swords or spears for the skeleton warriors? Someone also said I might run into problems with only one hero in pitched play, what is your thinking on that?

Do people think this army could be reasonably effective?

Wight King with Black Axe (120)

Morghast Archai (240)

Morghast Archai (240)

Skeleton Warriors x30 (240)

Skeleton Warriors x20 (160)

Total Points: 1000

Thank you!

what makes you want to bring the Arcai in this list???? They lack a bit of synergy to me. You might consider the death rattle alliegence for your list.

That said i like that you took the wight king with black axe. It's definitly where the money is. The infernal standard is nice, but with al lthe saves your skels already get, it's usualy either Overkill or not enough. 

Morghasts only give +1 to summoning not generic spells. That being said a necromancer with VDM is a great force multiplier in this list if you could fit one in. Probably beats the +attack from the wight king statistically. 

The other option would be to drop 10 skeletons and take a banshee or cairn wraith if in need of an extra hero. There is only one scenario which needs heroes for scoring though so it's really situational. 

Is taking the two units of Archai really that bad? I thought they gave a really nice counter balance to the Skeleton Warriors.

Skeleton Warriors: Slow, many attacks, many models, low heath

Archai: Fast, fewer but stronger attacks, -2 rend, saves against mortal wounds

Archai are beasts, nothing wrong with that. You have a couple nice self sufficient hordes of skeletons with a good synergy hero so you cna afford some big nasty guys. Archai can attack over skeletons as well with their long range. Personally if I was going for a horde skeleton list I would want to double down with a necromancer. I'd go two units of 30 skeletons and a necromancer with only 2 morghast IMO. 

On 08/08/2016 at 0:15 AM, Caedis said:

I was hoping someone could look at my death army and offer some feedback. I know that the general consensus is that FEC is the best Death subfaction, but honestly I don't like how the FEC models look, and prefer the skeleton ascetic, especially the morghasts. Also should I go with swords or spears for the skeleton warriors? Someone also said I might run into problems with only one hero in pitched play, what is your thinking on that?

Do people think this army could be reasonably effective?

Wight King with Black Axe (120)

Morghast Archai (240)

Morghast Archai (240)

Skeleton Warriors x30 (240)

Skeleton Warriors x20 (160)

Total Points: 1000

Thank you!

We play 1500 here. 

Krells player list is:

Krell

Necromancer

Heinrich kemmler