Slaughterpriest experiences

ADDriot

Hi guys 

I'm working on my khorne force and I'm curious what everyone's experiences are with the slaughterpriest. His ranged mortal wounds and the ability to pull enemy units out of position look quite interesting. I'd love to hear any feedback. 

My AoS playtesting experience isn't particularly varied, being all games vs my girlfriend's Stormcast, but I've been happy with him. He's not that well suited to big boy combats, being a bit squishy, but his abilities are strong. The 16" range on them isn't great given you can't move and then use them so you do have to be mindful of where he's running to.

I have played maybe 5 or 6 games with him and i have done more damage to myself than to my enemy with his blood boil.

This may be a testament to my rolling rather than anything else, but I have had games where he has failed to cast every turn.

I never leave home with out at least 2. The shananigans you can pull (off objectives, out of cover etc are just too handy. Ranged mortal wounds and an ok attack..... they are just staples to a mortal khorne army i feel.

Plus at some point i want to run the 6 and with 4 units of warpflame storm vermin (with obligatory  battleline). for spammy shenanigans

I squeeze them into demons of Khorne too. Got to love the dispel in an army without wizards.

Their range is approx 2" shorter than I'd like because usually my opponents are cowering on the back line from Skarbrand.

Against iron jaws or ogres that shouldn't really be an issue. Feel free to snipe important characters with them.

If you are using the warscrolls for things like the Dragonfate Dais, then having any priest around can be a boon. 

I've played against him a couple of times, and just seeing the tactical potential in his prayers I have had to make him an early priority target each time. 

Archived