Carry case

Darren2607

I can't decide what to get to carry my warbands around. I want something small, that fits in a backpack and has enough space for all the pieces and up to 2 warbands. 

I thought the official GW case looked perfect. But I've also read people saying the stormcast cursebreakers dont fit in. Anyone experienced this? 

Feldherr ones looks amazing. But buying a new custom foam for every warband may end up being expensive. 

People's favored solutions? 

3 hours ago, AxolotlQuestions said:

Feldherr cases are pretty excellent, and they do a generic foam tray (https://www.feldherr.net/en/hs050wh07-50-mm-1-96-inches-half-size-foam-tray-for-10-shadespire-miniatures/a-57589/) that fits most warbands, though I've not tried the Cursebreakers.

I had seen that but wasn't sure how many warbands would actually fit. Have you tried it with different ones? 

57 minutes ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

I've got the Feldherr stuff for all the Shadespire warbands and I'd happily drop the cash for the Nightvault set once all the warbands are out. No hesitation. 

It does look fantastic. I really like the look of magnetic box with custom fit foam just for taking one warband out for a game. So you bought custom fit foam for each warband? 

1 minute ago, AxolotlQuestions said:

I've used it for skeletons, Magore's Fiends, Steelhearts, Reivers and Chosen Axes without issues.

For the nighthaunts and Cursebreakers I sprang for the custom foam, because they seemed pretty delicate.

Brill, thanks, those are some of the warbands I play most regularly 

16 hours ago, Darren2607 said:

It does look fantastic. I really like the look of magnetic box with custom fit foam just for taking one warband out for a game. So you bought custom fit foam for each warband? 

Yes, I did. I've got one of the magnetic clasp boxes that I can use to transport whichever warband I want to play at a time (got my Skaven in atm) but I have all the others in a regular case so I can take the whole lot if I want to or swap out the foam into the smaller carry box. Works well. 

37 minutes ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

Yes, I did. I've got one of the magnetic clasp boxes that I can use to transport whichever warband I want to play at a time (got my Skaven in atm) but I have all the others in a regular case so I can take the whole lot if I want to or swap out the foam into the smaller carry box. Works well. 

Nice, that would be my ideal solution money permitting. I presume the magnetic box has no space for deck, tokens or board and you have to carry those separately? 

Darksphere don't carry stock, they also don't order anything from Germany until they have sufficient orders themselves. I know this because a friend of mine ordered through them and didn't receive anything for a month. I did a direct from Germany order and got it inside a week. The only problem going direct is the postage is pricey, but, if you can get an order together with friends, it makes it more palatable. So, depending on how urgently you want stuff, that extra tenner postage might be worth it. 

16 minutes ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

Darksphere don't carry stock, they also don't order anything from Germany until they have sufficient orders themselves. I know this because a friend of mine ordered through them and didn't receive anything for a month. I did a direct from Germany order and got it inside a week. The only problem going direct is the postage is pricey, but, if you can get an order together with friends, it makes it more palatable. So, depending on how urgently you want stuff, that extra tenner postage might be worth it. 

That makes sense.  I've already put the order through Darksphere for the Ironskulls box.  They are and will always be my warband of choice so it made sense just to try it out with that one.  I'm not really in a hurry so we will see how long it actually takes.  

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update.  Cancelled the order because they hadn't even ordered from the makers after three weeks.  I mean they are honest in that they don't carry stock but they don't seem to be able to get it either.  They have been removed from their site now.

• 4 weeks later...

Darksphere and Wayland Games stock Feldherr. It's probably the priciest option but for single warband, deck and token transport, the magnetic box is excellent. All you need then is board transport - a neoprene laptop sleeve fits in a bag nicely, or you can pack all of the boards into one of the core boxs.

Feldherr also do a cardboard box that will hold 6 of the custom warband trays, or a fabric bag which will hold all of the season 1 trays. doubtless they will do the same for season 2.

If you have the Nightvault and Shadespire core boxes, you should have enough tokens to load up 4 or 5 warband trays, chuck a deck in the magnetic box and off you go.

2 hours ago, riddlesworth said:

Darksphere and Wayland Games stock Feldherr.

I'm not sure Darksphere actually do.  I tried to order before and they never managed to get it into stock and now there are no Feldherr specific products on the web site at all.

Archived