Loonboss on Cave squig stacking

Mayple

Question

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, King Taloren said:

No it does not stack. You can only give the 3” move once. It is an aura effect and not a stackable ability. It gives the ability to move 3” extra to all models wholly in range. You can however use this on multiple loonbosses to get more coverage 

The term "aura effect" is not a thing. In my opinion we should try to not confuse people (especially new players) stuff like this. Also, the command ability applies to units wholly within its range, not models.

2 hours ago, Mayple said:

@King Taloren

You sure about that? Aura effects are not specified to not stack. Waagh being the best immediate example. 

It does not stack because the ability explicitly says so:

"You can use this command ability at the start of your movement phase. If you do so, pick 1 friendly model with this command ability. All friendly Squig units wholly within 12" of that model at the start of that phase can move an extra 3" if they make a move in that phase. A unit cannot benefit from this command ability more than once per movement phase."

(https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/AoS_Gloomspite_Gitz_WSCards_Loonboss_on_giant_cave_squig.pdf, emphasis mine)

And again, "aura effects" are not a thing.

2 hours ago, Isotop said:

Aura: An area of effect that is generated from a central point/model and affects the surrounding area.

Its terminology we use over here in my area to talk about  certain abilities because they work just like an aura in other games we play.

E.g. All  Legion of Nagash models within 9” of a Legion Hero May roll a die each time they receive an unsaved wound or mortal wound and on a 6+ negate that wound.

Aura. Doesn’t stack. 

2 hours ago, Isotop said:

The term "aura effect" is not a thing. In my opinion we should try to not confuse people (especially new players) stuff like this. Also, the command ability applies to units wholly within its range, not models.

It does not stack because the ability explicitly says so:

"You can use this command ability at the start of your movement phase. If you do so, pick 1 friendly model with this command ability. All friendly Squig units wholly within 12" of that model at the start of that phase can move an extra 3" if they make a move in that phase. A unit cannot benefit from this command ability more than once per movement phase."

(https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/AoS_Gloomspite_Gitz_WSCards_Loonboss_on_giant_cave_squig.pdf, emphasis mine)

Agreed ;)

The link you provided differs drastically from the app warscroll, which is dated "January" - and does not specify the limitation, hence why I'm wondering. 

Any further thoughts, with that in mind?

1 minute ago, Mayple said:

Agreed ;)

The link you provided differs drastically from the app warscroll, which is dated "January" - and does not specify the limitation, hence why I'm wondering. 

Any further thoughts, with that in mind?

Well the only other thing with such big differences it’s best to get someone with the actual book on hand and see what the word of god print actually says.

32 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

Well the only other thing with such big differences it’s best to get someone with the actual book on hand and see what the word of god print actually says.

That'd be me.

The book warscroll is identical to the link @Isotop posted. The app version is more recent. 

12 hours ago, King Taloren said:

Aura: An area of effect that is generated from a central point/model and affects the surrounding area.

Its terminology we use over here in my area to talk about  certain abilities because they work just like an aura in other games we play.

E.g. All  Legion of Nagash models within 9” of a Legion Hero May roll a die each time they receive an unsaved wound or mortal wound and on a 6+ negate that wound.

Aura. Doesn’t stack. 

You should seriously rethink this terminology of yours - it is pretty inconsistent. You say that all "auras" do not stack, but following your definition of an aura this is just not true. Here are a few counter examples/questions for you:

(1) You said that Let’s Get Bouncing! is an aura and therefore does not stack. Why does it contain the last sentence explicitly telling us it does not stack? If the "aura" property of the ability allready excludes stackability, the last sentence is truely redundant.

(2) @Mayple used Waaagh! as a counter example - but you did not respond to him. Is Waaagh! not an "area of effect that is generated from a central point/model and affects the surrounding area"?

Please explain.

Archived