Wholly within & Multiple units

Devan

Question

If my Tzaangors need to be "wholly within 12" of any friendly Arcanite Heroes" would this allow me to get the bonus if i have one Arcanite hero on one side of the Tzaangors and another on the other side. So that neither Hero has all tzaangors within 12" of themselves but the ones that are not are within 12" of the other.

I'm assuming it works, other wise the wording would likely be wholly within 12 of  "a"  Arcanite Hero instead of "any". 

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Devan said:

If my Tzaangors need to be "wholly within 12" of any friendly Arcanite Heroes" would this allow me to get the bonus if i have one Arcanite hero on one side of the Tzaangors and another on the other side. So that neither Hero has all tzaangors within 12" of themselves but the ones that are not are within 12" of the other.

I'm assuming it works, other wise the wording would likely be wholly within 12 of  "a"  Arcanite Hero instead of "any". 

I would think from a RAW perspective that it probably wouldn't work, since technically you are not fully within 12" of any Arcanite Heroes, just partially within. But I can see where your line of thinking is coming from so this is just speculation on my part.

From a RAI perspective I could totally see this kind of wording be abused by WAAC players, having their cake (the ability) and eating it too (not having to be wholly within any of the models). 

I'm curious what other people's take on it is and if anyone else who knows more about demons has seen this in play or not. 

I could see this one possibly needing a FAQ needed since it does bring up an interesting part of certain auras of wholly within.

for my part I have to say I’m pretty sure it is looking for being wholly within one hero even if you have multiple in position one of them has to have the entire unit wholly within their 9” bubble. 

Archived