Ricki's Midnight City - Clockwork Pegasus Knights June 2020

Melcavuk

These are all absolutely GORGEOUS models. The conversions are beautiful and the paintjob is very stark and interesting. Love it all. I would love to do things like this myself, but the massive mix of kits must make all of this super expensive... You must have a fantastic bit box.

Are you planning to consolidate this into Cities of Sigmar warscrolls? I see a few (awesome) characters that certainly are some bizarre counts-as, though man are they gorgeous enough for me to not care. lol Sorry to hear that your city appears to be anti-Sigmar. The bombardment is obviously a misunderstanding. lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

These are all absolutely GORGEOUS models. The conversions are beautiful and the paintjob is very stark and interesting. Love it all. I would love to do things like this myself, but the massive mix of kits must make all of this super expensive... You must have a fantastic bit box.

Are you planning to consolidate this into Cities of Sigmar warscrolls? I see a few (awesome) characters that certainly are some bizarre counts-as, though man are they gorgeous enough for me to not care. lol Sorry to hear that your city appears to be anti-Sigmar. The bombardment is obviously a misunderstanding. lol

Cheers, it can be expensive but hitting each unit as a seperate project tends to build the bits box over time and let me make use of the spares in the next conversion. The last few characters have been birthed from some spare time and the bits box (anything based on sisters of battle, and the Forgemaster all emerged from the bits box). Most of the army finds atleast reasonable counts as in the traditional warscrolls whilst the rest are run entirely under the Midnight City fan supplement designed to reflect a city of Engineers (currently greywater covers artillery well but doesnt really do engineers justice)

• LOVE IT! 1

Just now, Melcavuk said:

Cheers, it can be expensive but hitting each unit as a seperate project tends to build the bits box over time and let me make use of the spares in the next conversion. The last few characters have been birthed from some spare time and the bits box (anything based on sisters of battle, and the Forgemaster all emerged from the bits box). Most of the army finds atleast reasonable counts as in the traditional warscrolls whilst the rest are run entirely under the Midnight City fan supplement designed to reflect a city of Engineers (currently greywater covers artillery well but doesnt really do engineers justice)

Understandable! I have been rather inspired to try and take in a more ambitious project as an ACTUAL slow grow, considering I do have plenty of army to play with in the meantime. And I do agree on the Engineers idea, sooo much more space in the Cities book for pretty much everything, which is funny because there is so much in there to begin with. :o 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, flamingwalnut said:

Understandable! I have been rather inspired to try and take in a more ambitious project as an ACTUAL slow grow, considering I do have plenty of army to play with in the meantime. And I do agree on the Engineers idea, sooo much more space in the Cities book for pretty much everything, which is funny because there is so much in there to begin with. :o 

Yeah Cities has that level of potential because it is exploring a whole myriad of races, cultures and subcultures in a book that does fantastically to encompass the overarching concepts but can really drill into the subsects. Prayers, the Church Azyrite, Mercenary and freeguild companies, Engineers and gunnery schools etc can all be explored in detail and have whole forces designed around them. The Project started with simply wanting to make a Steampowered walker and grew around it, and as events shape its lore it goes in new directions to find new ground to break. The next project will be making the Queen in God sized mode for the Siege of Midnight which is exciting to show an Order god looking big and destructive (Mortathi as inspiration)

• LOVE IT! 2

11 minutes ago, Melcavuk said:

Yeah Cities has that level of potential because it is exploring a whole myriad of races, cultures and subcultures in a book that does fantastically to encompass the overarching concepts but can really drill into the subsects. Prayers, the Church Azyrite, Mercenary and freeguild companies, Engineers and gunnery schools etc can all be explored in detail and have whole forces designed around them. The Project started with simply wanting to make a Steampowered walker and grew around it, and as events shape its lore it goes in new directions to find new ground to break. The next project will be making the Queen in God sized mode for the Siege of Midnight which is exciting to show an Order god looking big and destructive (Mortathi as inspiration)

Sounds awesome! Can't wait to see it!

Edited by flamingwalnut

Whilst I wait for the bits/base for my God Midnight Queen to arrive I've been building up aspects of her base to showcase the war ravaged battlefields of the Siege of Midnight, including a Stormcast impaled by such Godlike force he's left a body 

IMG_1610.JPG

IMG_1611.JPG

• Like 5

Azyrite scholars claim that to know why Midnight had to fall one must look no further than those who rallied to her defense. Even the Brides of Shade were welcomed, Assasins said to cavort with Daemons of Shadow and Spite 

IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

IMG_1631.JPG

• Like 4

On 5/7/2020 at 6:13 AM, Melcavuk said:

Azyrite scholars claim that to know why Midnight had to fall one must look no further than those who rallied to her defense. Even the Brides of Shade were welcomed, Assasins said to cavort with Daemons of Shadow and Spite 

IMG_1629.JPG

IMG_1630.JPG

IMG_1631.JPG

Nice little kitbash, love the model! I feel like I found some of those same models in a friend's bits box he donated. Where did you get them, been curious about the manufacturer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, flamingwalnut said:

Nice little kitbash, love the model! I feel like I found some of those same models in a friend's bits box he donated. Where did you get them, been curious about the manufacturer.

Its one of the newer chaos bloodbowl Cheerleaders from Forgeworld, they might for a nice niche races for the Cities of Sigmar whilst maintaining my 100% GW parts rule

• LOVE IT! 1

My gods above and below... That is AMAZING!

LOVE the lore, too! That is just fantastic! It's a real creative element and puts more detail into both the world, the history, but also the entire purpose of this city and its creation. Love it. Definitely an amazing inspiration and a GREAT use of the new sister's statue! 

7 hours ago, Sttufe said:

What bits did you use for the mech bit, I was planning on doing something exactly like that!

4 hours ago, Arael said:

It seems to be the necromunda ambull

It is indeed the Ambot from necromunda with a couple of bits left off to accomodate a pilot

• Thanks 1