Speed Paint Frostheart

Vextol

I love painting but I am definitely "paint to play" person.  Tonight I wanted to see if I could get an entire Phoenix pounded out before bed.  Typically I would airbrush, wash and bring out  major detail but tonight I wanted to push for a different look.

Took about 5 hours to paint up (not assemble).  I almost never base upon completion.  I wait and do armies in bulk or I end up with a million different base styles.  Ask my desert/jungle/wetlands/Caribbean/lava  Idoneth army.  Anyway, C&C welcome! 

Tomorrow I'm going to do a timed treelord paint.  I don't know why, it's just fun for me 😆

IMG_20181219_214103.jpg

IMG_20181219_234649.jpg

29 minutes ago, syph0n said:

I like the subtlety of it. You can easily go back and add more to that if you want to later as well.  

Thanks.  Yeah, I have these huge, sweeping colors everywhere, I wanted to do something that was a little softer.  I don't always go that route 😆

IMG_20181220_074456.jpg.82f72bcdaf534b41a288b16d96cbba06.jpg

On 12/20/2018 at 8:12 PM, Redking said:

What colors did you use on the Phoenix?  I really like the transitions.

Wolf grey, Stonewall grey, alien purple and electric blue.  The wolf grey did the snowflakes and feather edges. I'm not a paint purist so for this particular model I went mostly vallejo.

He's washed heavy around the flakes with Drakenhof Nightshade.

Archived