Piling in after run

Arkiham

Question

8 answers to this question

We've talked about this in other contexts.  Check out the warscrolls for Yhetees and Goblin Wolf Riders, and see how differently the 6" pile in mechanic is described.  Yhetees can do the trick you're suggesting, but Goblin Wolf Riders can't.  The majority of 6" pile in units are like the Goblin Wolf Riders, not like the Yhetees.

Seems pretty clear, if a unit's special rule says may engage in combat if they're within 6", then they can indeed run to get within that range, and don't have to charge. If the unit only states that they have a 6" pile in move, then they aren't in combat until they are within 3" which requires a charge.

Thematically the two similar but different abilities makes sense to have, one is a powerful combat ability whilst the other is a rapidly moving unit

So for the khorne chaos lord on manticore he has a pile in of 6" rather than 3".

This means he has to be within 3 initially correct?

As he's a flying unit and has a large pile in range, can I jump over the unit and attack from the rear, allowing other units to pile in the front?

I can't see any reason why not as long as I end up closer than I was before 

29 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

So for the khorne chaos lord on manticore he has a pile in of 6" rather than 3".

As he's a flying unit and has a large pile in range, can I jump over the unit and attack from the rear, allowing other units to pile in the front?

Yes on both counts.

Yes to the first part, "maybe" to the second. 6" pile-in still does not absolve you of the requirement to move toward closest enemy model.

I.e. if the Unit is a single model like a treeman, jumping over is fine. If it's a mass of Dryads 2-3 deep, no.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Archived