Jumping ship into AoS

Lubacca

3 hours ago, Lubacca said:

currently working with stormcast but I've always had a love from Skaven. Hoping to do a couple of tournaments. My bud wants to go to LVO but he's doing 40k and I just can't right now. 

I feel the same way with 40k right now. The meta needs to shift something fierce. Give it a bit of fresh air. But anyway, welcome to Age of Sigmar! What's got you interested in Skaven? Follow what you enjoy and the rule of cool always, but since you said you wanted to be come competitive I will say that Skaven aren't in the greatest of places right now competitively speaking so just beware of that.

oh i've always loved the look of Skaven. It's not something I'll pursue at the moment since I've got a good idea for Stormcasts and a neat painting idea...so i'm going to follow that muse. Curious though on where the meta stands? Like who's the one to beat, who's the one to give you fits?  Also, what can YOU say about the players? Like am I going to run into more people that are relaxed or more people that are like 40k players? 

7 minutes ago, Lubacca said:

oh i've always loved the look of Skaven. It's not something I'll pursue at the moment since I've got a good idea for Stormcasts and a neat painting idea...so i'm going to follow that muse. Curious though on where the meta stands? Like who's the one to beat, who's the one to give you fits?  Also, what can YOU say about the players? Like am I going to run into more people that are relaxed or more people that are like 40k players? 

Questions like those really depend on your area and FLGS. Everyone's experience is different but you can glean some general information on what you could expect. For example at your FLGS you might find some more laid back and friendly individuals, some are more competitive and tend to focus more on winning than anything else. Then there are those in-between who share somewhat of both traits to some degree. 

As far as meta goes specifically this goes again to how your community is locally. We call this the "Local Meta." Then we have a more general larger meta that we usually get from larger Grand Tournaments, Heats and the games we usually see from news articles. As far as that larger meta is concerned, I think the meta goes something like this:

• Daughters of Khaine (DoK) and Idoneth Deepkin (IDK) tend to be pretty strong contenders right now
  • Death, specifically Legions of Nagash are in a pretty good place right now
  • Chaos related tomes are in an okay spot right now (Nurgle and Khorne)

This is to be debated because I don't follow the meta to a tee. Things are also tend to change overtime. A rule of thumb is if your army has a battletome that was released recently (sometime after GW's CEO stepdown) then you're not looking that bad right now. Any others more or less tend to struggle in highly competitive environments. 

Also, my explanation isn't the rule of law or anything lol. Other people have their own takes on this sort of thing  but I tried my best to be as un-biased as possible. 

Hope it helps!

Welcome my friend

i heard your after skaven.

If your really after a top tear 1skaven army I could tell you a good army list.

ever heard about the plague Bomb list.

it consist of 240plague monks, a plague furnace, Verminlord corruptor and 2plague priest with censer.

with this you can definitely go very competitive.

but let me tell ya something about the generic (mixed) skaven faction/army.

many people say that they aren’t really competitive.

truth be told, that’s mostly false, yes there aren’t too many (or even any) skaven players out there who are right now even taking part at greater events or tournaments, (which is rather sad) but that doesn’t mean that they aren’t competive right now?.

there are lots of combination to be tried out, and our probably strongest weapon to be used against players is their own certainty of skaven beeing rather weak.

Use this weakness an against them show them what it really means to be cunning.

drown your foes under body’s of clanrats.

Kill-kill-Kill 

fool-things shall pay-die.

take-steal city-burrows.

yes-Yes,

take-steal 1st place and you may call-snatter yourselves the right claw of Skreech Verminking.

Archived