Multiple Targets during shooting phase

gman255

Question

Rookie question,

I was playing a game against a player using dwarves. He had 30 dwarves in the unit all with missile weapons. He split his missile attacks between two different targets (units). He designated the targets before he rolled the attacks. I had no problem with this because it makes sense tactically. Several people watching the game objected. They felt he had to target only one unit since all of the dwarves were using the same weapon.   Any ideas on the correct use of shooting weapons?

4 answers to this question

Your opponent followed the rules correctly.  The relevant passage is the one attached.

Notice that there is nothing in there about a unit attacking a single target - all of the target selection is resolved on a per-model basis.  There is even explicit mention that a single model with multiple attacks can split between more than one target.

Also notice that this section applies to both shooting and melee attacks.  No distinction here.

targets.jpg

This is Fantasy and 40k stuff that people assume are inthe rules. Lots of this. Usualy and atleast for a while if folks object to things i think it woudl be worth looking up the relevant rules on the issue. This is a a new game, and lots of assumptions are being made. It's best to iron these wrinkles by eyeing the rules. 

Archived