New to AOS Orruk PLOG

JimBlade

Having decided to throw my lot in with age of sigmar, I have started painting and rebasing an orruk army I picked up recently. First up is 20 boys with dual choppas. Apparently i picked up the wrong brown for the bases for the 2nd lot and its noticbly lighter, I think I will go over the older models here too. Ive gone with a fairly drab scheme with blavks and browns for clothing but each model will get a spot of blue somewhere to tie the army together. IMG_20160728_231223.jpgsince no army can really be an army without a general so here is my Ard boys warboss to boss da lads about at least until something bigger shows up.  IMG_20160728_231501.jpg

Comments and criticism are welcome. 

Looking great! I'd maybe suggest chipping the blue a little by adding some silver edges so it looks more like blue painted over metal - particularly on the helmets.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'd paint the rims black. I'd heard someone recently refer the painting the base rim black as creating a frame for your piece of art, and absolutely agree. Other than that, a bit more washes and weathering and your boyz are ready ta rumble :)

Weirdnob shaman is the newest addition (ok not newest it was painted before the last lot but I forgot I had a picture of it.) It an old metal feral orc arrer boy I simply repositioned the arm and clipped down the bow. Now he has a pointy magic stick. 

IMG_20160724_230544.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
On 29/7/2016 at 2:06 AM, Ademo said:

I'd maybe suggest chipping the blue a little by adding some silver edges so it looks more like blue painted over metal

This is a great way to paint Orruk armour. I do this on my models.

On 29/7/2016 at 3:41 AM, Dez said:

I'd paint the rims black.

Black rims are the best and easiest way to go.

Archived