"Heresy/30k" era for Age of Sigmar

eekamouse

FW should pick back up the Warhammer Forge stuff they were doing. Continue Tamurkan, and release the what-appeared-to-be-almost-ready Black Fire Pass book.

black-fire-pass.jpg

It could make a series of supplements about the Old World detailing epic events like the Sundering, Great War Against Chaos, Vampire Wars, etc. etc,... With Warhammer Legends, warscrolls would be available and all, although I personnally think it would be great to have some sort of AoS hybrid system, much like War of the Ring for LotR had. Would give room for more epic battles and suitable to what the Old World was, while retaining the newer aspects of AoS.

They would then have all my money.

Retro-gaming can be entertaining,

For AoS prequil games, 30K style, you can either use the old WFB rules and Army Books  that we old gamers still have on our memory shelves or find the old 2015 Warscroll Compendiums for the faction units and play on with the modern ruleset.

"People , Almost anything you can find in the Age of myth. You can find in the Age of Sigmar(big crazy monsters, godbeast, etc).  Also what would the point be? the Age of myth was for the most part was a Golden Age.   "

True.

I'd say it'd take a page from Gorechosen so you can have the likes of Grimnir facing off against Vulcatrix or have Sigmar and Gorkamorka redo their friendly battles (maybe this time send Gorky flying across the realms).

Putting these into AoS would probably be "aether avatars" for the gods like how Archaon projected his image in the God-beasts campaign. So you're only fighting a fraction of their power instead of the diety itself.

And then you have the powerful magic weapons that can destroy cities and the massive empires that covered the realms. Model-wise I could see some scenery and elite support models(like chanters and shamen) come from that for the Myth game and could be carried over into AoS proper.

Besides that I actually think Age of Chaos would be good for kill team/new skirmish game as your struggling small warband or tribe take on the chaos twisted lands and monsters for survival.

Which would easily carry over into the current timeline. Heck, you can have entire isolated continents that are still in that age and never got the memo that chaos was driven back since the realms are so vast.

It can even be  made into a small scale Fire Storm campaign as you sneak around chaos armies and god-beasts,  establish villages, fight hordes of wandering monsters, find ancient weapons and use both tactics and magic for guerilla fighting as you compete with the opposing player for a vital piece of land that could mean your tribe's survival be it a wounded Manticore for meat or a eldritch vanishing castle ideal to hide from the next chaos patrol.

On 10/6/2018 at 5:29 AM, eekamouse said:

I'm just finding the wide-openess of the Age of Myth to be an interesting and imaginative playground that gets beyond the whole Sigmar vs Chaos dynamic. The little pockets of story based around Godbeasts and (not sure this is the right terminology) the Lesser Gods seem to be a deep well to plumb. 

I understand you but I'm not sure if I get it. Also honestly the Age of Myth reads like Sigmar and friends wandering around meeting each other and fighting/making friends with God Beasts and then the occasional weak Chaos incursion. It's like an episode of He-Man, so I have to agree with xking below.

Also as far as I can see the Age of Sigmar is more like the HH/30K era with the push back against Chaos (and the hope). I don't think there will actually ever be a warhammer game without Chaos though. But I understand why you'd want to move away from that - as many have said the only other thing is Warhammer Legends.

But if you mean a game with the time of Katophranes,  Jade Kingdoms and the Algoraxi etc - I totally get that. AoS human needs some serious love and right soon.

16 hours ago, xking said:

People, Almost anything you can find in the Age of myth. You can find in the Age of Sigmar(big crazy monsters, godbeast, etc).  Also what would the point be? the Age of myth was for the most part was a Golden Age.  

This. I totally agree

There are already a couple of very interesting races buried before the current timeline:

- The Agloraxi from the Firestorm campaign.  They could have great sun-powered heavy weapons teams, the Heros are already set up with their fragile ruling caste of wizards, and they utilised great automatons to do the krumpin'.  Kinda like a Rogue Idol, but animated by fire instead of the Waaagh.  In their pomp these guys challenged the Gods face to face.

- The Katophranes, familiar to everyone from Shadespire.  Functionally immortal and harnessing Shadeglass weaponry.

These guys could both become full armies very easily with a really unique AOS feel and aesthetic.  If there ever was a prequel-era timeline, I'd love to see the Agloraxi on the tabletop in particular. 

I'm not sure if their precise place in the timeline has been nutted down (?), so I don't know whether they fit into the Age of Myth or not, but they do offer a couple of examples of things you could do beyond "Sigmar wrestling Gork".

That being said, it'll never happen, because no Stormcast.

Archived