Super quick black orc big boss conversion.

N_Watson

So after seeing how good the black orc big boss was and that he will fit in an ironjawz army I decided to rummage through so left over brute and ardboys bits. 

I needed one for a quick game today, so I'm sure I can do better. This literally took 10 minutes. 1469711163432542617680.jpg

14697112086891334879512.jpg

Not bad for 10 minutes, but there's always room for improvement :)

I'd convert the Big Choppa, even something as swapping out the head (blade) for the actual Ardboyz Champion one would be a great start. I would have also picked the head that has the super long tusks and horns, just seems to be a proppa Boss helmet :) Add a few more weapons to him and a shield on his back, like he's ready for anything. I also like to set my basing a bit higher for the Heroes, so you know Who's Da Boss!!!

Thanks @Dez. Great feedback. 

I chose that helmet purely down to using all the other helm options in my ardboys units so it's the only one that was different.

I actually plan to take the blade from the brute gore hacka that looks like an axe. I have used all the axe options from the ardboys box already. 

I might rebase all my heroes to make them higher up. That would make them stand out more. 

Yeah, using a brute weapon will really make it different from the others. Maybe see if you can find a bit to give him an iron gob, to match the ironjawz? I don't particularly like the large horned blorc helmets myself for two handers, it makes it impossible for them to realistically finish the swing.

Good work @N_Watson, overall I like him but as others (and yourself) have said a think a change on the weapon head is in order.

2 hours ago, Malicth said:

In my opinion I think the orruk helmet from the banner in the Ard boyz kit would be great. Its what I did for the regular boss awhile back, though i should of used some greenstuff.

This idea is solid and is actually what I had planned...though if it becomes a common choice I will probably look to do something else! #blackorcbigbosshipster ;) haha!

Anyway, this character is something I am really excited to model myself. As soon as I've got 1k painted for a doubles event I'll be right on him as a reward to myself.

Please let us know how he does in game too!

Once again, good work!!

Archived