Legion Of Azgorh Mega-Thread

Ben

1 hour ago, RaritanAnon said:

Oh yeah I forgot about the iron daemon towing thing. That's really nifty. 

So since I was going Chaos Allegiance after 1000pts anyway, after adding more bodies and whatnot, I kinda wanted to add in some Daemons instead of playing around with bull centaurs. 

What do you think would be the best idea? Some dedicated close Combat monsters, more ranged/wizards, or some cavalry to speed up the flank? I was considering either Slaanesh or Tzeentch primarily. Looking at daemonettes and Seekers or flamers and Screamers, or even a herald on disc. Wouldn't be too hard to put a Dwarf on a disc, too. 

I think that Bull Centaurs are extremely efficient point-for-point with the 7" move + run + charge + 1" from Taur'ruk Command Ability... 9 of the -2 rend 2 dmg attacks and 9 d3 dmg attacks on the charge is INSANE for 180pts, not to mention 4+ save and 15 wounds.  BUT, if you wanted Daemons, I'd add Daemonettes for the run + charge, since there should be a fast-hitting unit in the list that would complement the slow artillery. 

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

I think that Bull Centaurs are extremely efficient point-for-point with the 7" move + run + charge + 1" from Taur'ruk Command Ability... 9 of the -2 rend 2 dmg attacks and 9 d3 dmg attacks on the charge is INSANE for 180pts, not to mention 4+ save and 15 wounds.  BUT, if you wanted Daemons, I'd add Daemonettes for the run + charge, since there should be a fast-hitting unit in the list that would complement the slow artillery. 

Oh no doubt yeah, they have fantastic stats. That's not what I dislike. I just don't care for the models. Same reason I never touched Beastmen. They're just not very pretty, you know? 

Plus, I'm working on fluff about a Dwarf throng gone way too greedy so much as to give themselves over to the dark gods in exchange for  Allegiance, prisoners and souls. With an extra complement of Daemons for safekeeping. Fluffily, I think Slaanesh would work best, but I honestly love the Tzeentch models more. Blue and gold for tzeentch, or purple and silver for slaanesh. 

?

28 minutes ago, RaritanAnon said:

Oh no doubt yeah, they have fantastic stats. That's not what I dislike. I just don't care for the models. Same reason I never touched Beastmen. They're just not very pretty, you know? 

Plus, I'm working on fluff about a Dwarf throng gone way too greedy so much as to give themselves over to the dark gods in exchange for  Allegiance, prisoners and souls. With an extra complement of Daemons for safekeeping. Fluffily, I think Slaanesh would work best, but I honestly love the Tzeentch models more. Blue and gold for tzeentch, or purple and silver for slaanesh. 

?

I'd think that some Tzaangor Enlightened with a Shaman would be nice.

1 hour ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

I'd think that some Tzaangor Enlightened with a Shaman would be nice.

Somehow, someway, that fit exactly into my list. How in the wo-

Tzeentch. 

Big block of Ironsworn, two units of Fireglaives, some cute horrors to grab objectives (and for battleline), hard hitting enlightened+shaman to threaten the back line, and supported by Daemonsmiths in the back with Warmachines. Wish I could have taken 6 enlightened, though. Would make the regenerating spells more useful. 

Allegiance: Chaos

Infernal Guard Castellan (120)

- General

- Darkforged Great Weapon

- Trait: Cunning Deceiver

- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade

Daemonsmith (100)

- Darkforged Weapon

Daemonsmith (100)

- Darkforged Weapon

Tzaangor Shaman (160)

- Lore of Fate: Bolt of Tzeentch

- Lore of Change: Fold Reality

20 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (200)

30 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (240)

10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)

- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch

3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)

Iron Daemon War Engine (180)

Magma Cannon (140)

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher (120)

Total: 1960 / 2000

Allies: 0 / 400

Wounds: NaN

3 hours ago, RaritanAnon said:

Tzeentch. 

Big block of Ironsworn, two units of Fireglaives, some cute horrors to grab objectives (and for battleline), hard hitting enlightened+shaman to threaten the back line, and supported by Daemonsmiths in the back with Warmachines. Wish I could have taken 6 enlightened, though. Would make the regenerating spells more useful. 

Infernal Guard Castellan (120)

- General

- Darkforged Great Weapon

- Trait: Cunning Deceiver

- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade

Daemonsmith (100)

- Darkforged Weapon

Daemonsmith (100)

- Darkforged Weapon

Tzaangor Shaman (160)

- Lore of Fate: Bolt of Tzeentch

30 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (240)

- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch

3 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (160)

Iron Daemon War Engine (180)

Magma Cannon (140)

Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher (120)

Total: 1960 / 2000

Allies: 0 / 400

Wounds: NaN

I wouldn't bother with so many pink horrors and such.  Also, you can't take Lore of Change spells without TZEENTCH Allegiance... which you don't have.  I'd rethink that list.

4 hours ago, RaritanAnon said:

Tzeentch. 

List..

Ok. From what I understand you would like to build a gunline with some hard hitting stuff that is not bull centaurs. Maybe enlightened.

So lets build a list. Lets say you take 6 enlightened and a shaman, in that case you need general chaos battle line so lets spend min points cost on them. That is 3x10 Marauders.

Let's build a gune line, that is maybe 2 magma cannons and a death shrieker to start with.  Lets also assume you want some LoA ironfsworn/fyreglaves and some heroes, a castellan and a daemonsmith. This will give you this list:

Infernal Guard Castellan (120)
Daemonsmith (100)
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
10 x Chaos Marauders (60)
30 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (240)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (320)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher (120)

Now you have 380pt left. And you cant have a LoA list without any trains. :) So why not a skullcracker and a daemon engine.

This will give you this list that I think could be a fun list and you have the base to build from and add any chaos unit you want.

Daemonsmith (100)
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc (320)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Deathshrieker Rocket Launcher (120)
Skullcracker War Engine (200)
Iron Daemon War Engine (180)

I like where you're going but that's way too many siege engines. After looking at horrors, I kinda want to include them purely for aesthetics, now. A small tzeentch Warband amidst the dwarfs. How does this look? Granted, that's a ****** load of Ironsworn, but they're reasonably good, too. 

- General
- Darkforged Great Weapon
- Trait: Cunning Deceiver
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
- Lore of Fate: Bolt of Tzeentch
- Lore of Change: Fold Reality
20 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (200)
30 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (300)
6 x Tzaangor Enlightened on Disc(320)
Magma Cannon (140)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: NaN

Ironsworn are ok but they are not battleline if you have more that 400pt of stuff other than LoA so you need to splitt the horrors. But that is ok, you probably want the in small units. The problem is that they cost a bit more:

10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)

That is 360 but you could do this small change:

Go for the list if like it. I would probably take one more magma and a skullcracker and drop 30 Ironsworn and 10 fireglaves to get some more hitting power but if you like more dudes instead go for it.

Where is the rule that says Ironsworn aren't battleline? AFAIK the only thing that changed is that Fireglaives are no longer battleline in a chaos Allegiance and that's it. And yeah, I definitely need a skullcracker and another magma Cannon for sure.

- General
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
20 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (200)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)

It's a good start either way you look at it. I'm only working towards the 1000pts right now. Though I wonder if I'd be better getting more daemon bodies in horrors and/or flamers instead of the Tzaangors. Hmm. 

I love theoryhammer. 

1 hour ago, RaritanAnon said:

Where is the rule that says Ironsworn aren't battleline? AFAIK the only thing that changed is that Fireglaives are no longer battleline in a chaos Allegiance and that's it. And yeah, I definitely need a skullcracker and another magma Cannon for sure.

- General
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
Tzaangor Shaman (160)
20 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (200)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)

It's a good start either way you look at it. I'm only working towards the 1000pts right now. Though I wonder if I'd be better getting more daemon bodies in horrors and/or flamers instead of the Tzaangors. Hmm. 

I love theoryhammer. 

i stand corrected. Ironsworn seems to be chaos battleline now.  That hasn't been the case before so it was new to me. That's great! :)

Regarding the Tzaangors. I think you need something hard hitting in your list. Tzaangors could be an option but there are several others also. But more horrors I think will make the list weaker.

I really like your last list. I think it will work. You could go for 2x10 fireglaves, two units gives you two nafta bombs and there is not really a benefit to have a large unit of them IMO.

Edit: And you can't use Tzeentch allegiance spells on the Shaman unfortunately.

more than likely, or maybe it's being remastered digitally, and so new patterns being made for new moulds - who knows.

I know one thing, fleabay scalpers will be pumping them out at stupid money now.

I bid on a curs'd ettin and it went for 151 pounds - three times the price it was new.

I picked one up a few months ago. I remember after placing my order an email saying that my order would ship after all items in my order became available, and it was the cracker that was the cause of the delay. So hopefully they're just out of stock right now.

On 22/01/2018 at 7:48 AM, Ulgzhakar said:

Says clearly, "No longer available."  Will be happy to learn thats just a terrible way of saying "back in stock eventually." 

Screenshot_20180121-184515.jpg

I was going to buy a Preyton around a year ago - or whenever it was - and I am pretty sure this is the same graphic that faced me on that occasion (i.e. before it was legitimately discontinued).

41 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

I was going to buy a Preyton around a year ago - or whenever it was - and I am pretty sure this is the same graphic that faced me on that occasion (i.e. before it was legitimately discontinued).

I know that the skullcracker was particularly prone to being returned so maybe it's just a case of call it a day.  I'd love to think we'll get a plastic one but we've more chance of getting a full battletome first.

There was a guy selling a preyton and cursd ettin on the bay, the ettin went for over 150 pounds, the preyton went for a hefty amount as well.

lets just hope they don't pull the dreadquake before I can get my hands on one.

I hope its not the beginning of the end for Chaos Dwarfs, and merely just something affecting that specific mould.

Big hat CDs were my army as a kid - prior to my 18-year hiatus from the hobby - so I am delighted they are not only a "thing", but better developed than most factions.

However, I have two main issues:

(1) Fyreslayers have kind of seized their "fire/magma dwarf" USP, which should push LoA more in an industrial direction to maintain a unique place in this new world.

In fact, if I was Forgeworld, I would have sent the Kdaai Fireborn and Magma Dragon over to Fyreslayers after that release. The new keywords don't need to be tied to the old game IMHO (e.g. Sisters of the Watch, etc.).

(2) The LoA range has too much organic skin for my tastes, with the various Bull Centaurs and every war machine having slave ogres.

Not only am I bad at painting skin, but I feel it detracts from that very industrial and metallic "welding mask" look of the army.

Basically, I would prefer everything to be clad in iron.

FWIW, I noted that Forge World's website shows the Doomquake Mortar is on 10-day delay to ship, which I interpret to mean they aren't keeping stock levels up.  I don't recall that same notice on the Skullcracker immediately preceding the latest change in web availability, but it seems like a good time to pull the trigger on buying the Mortar if it's been on your mind.

I am just starting my CD army and was goaded in making a first purchase by these shenanigans with the Skullcracker.  I also snapped up the only Skullcracker on eBay, which is partially assembled/painted and clearly missing at least a few small parts... seemed like the least-bad option for my OCD state of mind, but not entirely satisfying.

2 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

(2) The LoA range has too much organic skin for my tastes, with the various Bull Centaurs and every war machine having slave ogres.

Not only am I bad at painting skin, but I feel it detracts from that very industrial and metallic "welding mask" look of the army.

Basically, I would prefer everything to be clad in iron.

Have you seen this take on "more iron" Astragoth? conversion

https://skinolagaming.wordpress.com/dawi-zharr/astragoth-the-ironfist/

Archived