Ironjawz. List variants for GH 2000

Pete Scholey

I like the looks of it, I think it will work. Give the Ardboyz Shields, and use them as a buffer for a unit of 10 Brutes with Jagged Gore-hackas and 2 Gore-choppas (boss with Klaw and Smasha too). Push them up the middle with the Warchanter giving the Brutes +1 to hit, Megaboss giving them Inspiring Presence, and Weirdnob giving them +1 Armor. Gordrakk and Gore-gruntaz go up the flanks and punch stuff in the face :)

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 8:35 PM, Pete Scholey said:

Well my list is 

godrak

war chanter

mega boss

wierd nob Shaman

2 X 5 brutes

2 X 3 gore gruntas

10 ardboyz

battalion iron fist 

comes in at 2000 points. Has anyone tried anything else. Not that without dropping the big fella you're gonna get much 

Hi @Pete Scholey - nice list. Good to see you playing AoS and Ironjawz in particular! This is a similar core to most Ironjawz armies at 2,000 points (given the limited options). It's also nice that all 3 Battleline units are 180 as you can freely switch between these as you desire.

If you are feeling a bit shy on bodies, note that dropping Gordrakk (700) affords you a regular Cabbage (520) plus a unit of your choosing (180). This is my preferred way to play the list at present.

Ironfist formation is as next to an auto include as we have. Combined with the Rampaging Destroyers battle trait it affords the army some real speed as I am sure you will have found.

My current set up on the Battleline units is 10 Brutes (Hackas), 2x 5 Brutes (Choppas), 3 Gore-Gruntas, 10 Ardboyz. If I was using Gordrakk, I'd drop one of the 5 Brutes.

How are you equipping your Ardboyz? I'm currently going 9 Big Choppas & 1 shield. But that's mostly down to the models I have and a preference in aesthetics. Once I've got a couple of the start collecting boxes I'll be able to assemble and try out more options. All shields as mentioned by @Dez is defo a legit choice and something I'm keen to try.

How have you found the Weirdnob? He is the one model that constantly underwhelms me. I will be trying a second Warchanter or the compendium Black Orc Big Boss in his place.

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 8:53 PM, Dez said:

a unit of 10 Brutes with Jagged Gore-hackas and 2 Gore-choppas (boss with Klaw and Smasha too). Push them up the middle with the Warchanter giving the Brutes +1 to hit, Megaboss giving them Inspiring Presence, and Weirdnob giving them +1 Armor.

Hahaha!! Yeh, definitely. I think it's fair to say this is Ironjawz 101!!

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 10:23 PM, LordDrakonus said:

Yeah it a solid list in fact its exactly the list I use! The 2d6 move in the hero phase is insane I almost always pop gordrakk's ability turn 1 for some sick turn 1 charges!

Hhhm...yeh pretty nice at times. Depends on whether you are taking first turn (can't say I'd go all in with the risk of being double turned back)and what the Battleplan is.

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 11:06 PM, mrstimpson38 said:

Megaboss

Warchanter x2

Weirdnob

Ardboys x3

Brutes x3

Gruntas x2

Ardfist

Weirdfist

Interesting to see a list without the Cabbage...scary how much more you get!! I don't think I could leave him at home though!

Archived