Celestial Lighting Arc, evocators hability

Iradekhorne

Question

8 answers to this question

this unit refers to the evocators unit itself

but what's up to the second part of their ability?

"In addition, after resolving this unit’s attacks in the combat phase, pick one enemy unit within 3" of this unit and roll 2 dice for each model in this unit. For each roll of 4+, the enemy unit suffers 1 mortal wound."

who suffers those mortal wounds?

for example:

my unit evocators is attacking an enemy Hero like a Zombie Dragon, they roll their attacks, resolving attacks - now picking an enemy unit of 20 ghouls within 3", rolling 40 (2 per model) dice and getting 20 (4+) mortal wounds. Who suffers those mortal wounds? the unit i attacked, the Zombie Dragon or the unit i rolled the dice, the ghouls?

edit: lol now i get it, this unit refers to the unit (models) of the evocators - so every evocator model rolls 2 dice

If they didn't roll to attack, they didn't resolve an attack and thus don't get to cause their lightning. But for this to happen, you would have to have two enemy units within 3" and in a pisition that prohibits you from piling in, which seems like a real cornercase to me.

18 hours ago, Gottkaiser said:

If they didn't roll to attack, they didn't resolve an attack and thus don't get to cause their lightning. But for this to happen, you would have to have two enemy units within 3" and in a pisition that prohibits you from piling in, which seems like a real cornercase to me.

i think on the contrary this would be quite frequent. You just hide them behind another units to protect them and they dish 5 mortal without attacking.

10 minutes ago, broche said:

i think on the contrary this would be quite frequent. You just hide them behind another units to protect them and they dish 5 mortal without attacking.

That's not possible. The lightning arc requires that the unit attacks. Attacking requires rolling to-hit dice. Rolling to-hit requires being within weapon range.

Grandstaves have the reach to attack through a friendly unit, but the evocators still have to attack.

Archived