Help/Direction with BCR

Dead_Ghost

Hi all, 

Recently acquired a small force of BCR from a friend and looking for some help on how to finish constructing them. I have the following;

• Frostlord on Stonehorn 
  • Huskard on Thundertusk w/blood vulture (1)
  • Huskard on Thundertusk w/blood vulture (2)
  • 4* Mournfang
  • 5* Frost Sabres
  • Unopened SC box

So in particular i'm looking for advice on how to construct the other big guy, but also what sort of army composition I should be aiming towards with the AoS2 Rules in effect now. 

Cheers

I would highly recommend building a 2nd Frostlord on Stonehorn or a 3rd Huskard on Thundertusk w/ blood vulture (or possibly a beastrider of either kind if you are interested in running 1 beast and 4x2 mournfang as your battleline).

If I had to play tomorrow with the list of models above I would use the following: (However BCR are going to lack bodies/wizards  and struggle in a lot of missions unless you opt for mixed destro or get some gutbuster allies in there)

Allegiance: Beastclaw Raiders

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (420)
- General
Huskard on Thundertusk (360)
- Blood Vulture
- Blood Vulture
- Blood Vulture

Battleline
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 85

From my games so far, Huskard on Stonehorn or Stonehorn beastriders are a good way to go, as both are needed for a Jorlbad (which is quite a good battalion for getting mournfang to target) and stonehorn beastriders make for excellent battleline.

as for the collection overall, definitely an icebrow hunter to leverage a skal and get some disruption going on in your opponents backlines. they are particularly good at tying up/assassinating squishier wizards.

17 hours ago, WindstormSCR said:

definitely an icebrow hunter to leverage a skal 

I can do that, thanks for the advice. 

17 hours ago, EldritchX said:

Pick up a Fungoid Cave Shaman for sure. Pair with Chronomantic Cogs from Malign Sorcery.

Seems like a common theme! I can do that too, ty. 

18 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

If I had to play tomorrow with the list of models above I would use the following

Thanks a lot for putting that list together and the build advice, i'll try and run something like that at the next session. 

2 hours ago, annarborhawk said:

magnetize the head. it's pretty easy to do. 

Is that for the fungoid, or one of the riders? 

The heads of the stonehorn/thundertusk are pretty easy to magnetize.  And I build them with the two-saddle backs, so I can put one rider on it if I want to run it as a  Frostlord or Huskard, and can put both riders on if I want to run it as Beastriders.  Some people magnetize the saddles as well - but I've never had a problem with anyone calling me-out for having an empty saddle. 

On 8/1/2018 at 7:41 PM, svnvaldez said:

I would highly recommend building a 2nd Frostlord on Stonehorn or a 3rd Huskard on Thundertusk w/ blood vulture (or possibly a beastrider of either kind if you are interested in running 1 beast and 4x2 mournfang as your battleline).

If I had to play tomorrow with the list of models above I would use the following: (However BCR are going to lack bodies/wizards  and struggle in a lot of missions unless you opt for mixed destro or get some gutbuster allies in there)

Allegiance: Beastclaw Raiders

Leaders
Frostlord on Stonehorn (420)
- General
- Blood Vulture
- Blood Vulture
- Blood Vulture

Battleline
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers
2 x Mournfang Pack (160)
- Gargant Hackers

Total: 1980 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 85

A nasty list, for sure. Though, with only 10 models it's tough to hold objectives. But I guess that's our thing - we just have to kill everything and do so quickly, and then camp objectives with a single model on a nearly empty table in the remaining turns, if a win is to be had at all. 

Archived