Summoning slaanesh daemon question

Trav

Hi, just trying to get my head around some new summoning rules. I run a mortal slaanesh army - grand order chaos or slaves to darkness.

is it possible for me to summon slaanesh daemons at all by building decrepify points or is it solely for hosts of slaanesh?

thanks for your help and apologies if the answer is a simple no!

Solely Hosts of Slaanesh, sorry.

But if you mark everything as Slaanesh anyway you can choose to declare Slaanesh as your allegiance instead of Grand Alliance or Slaves to Darkness, and therefore use the hosts allegiance abilities. ?

25 minutes ago, Waiyuren said:

Solely Hosts of Slaanesh, sorry.

But if you mark everything as Slaanesh anyway you can choose to declare Slaanesh as your allegiance instead of Grand Alliance or Slaves to Darkness, and therefore use the hosts allegiance abilities. ?

Yeah the only issue is i dont have the battleline units for hosts of slaanesh as i only have warriors and marauders as battleline.

23 minutes ago, Trav said:

Yeah the only issue is i dont have the battleline units for hosts of slaanesh as i only have warriors and marauders as battleline.

Cambot is right; warriors and marauders have the unconditional battlefield role in their matched play profile, rather than "battleline if...", so as long as you mark them slaanesh, they're battleline for Slaanesh. ?

6 minutes ago, Waiyuren said:

Cambot is right; warriors and marauders have the unconditional battlefield role in their matched play profile, rather than "battleline if...", so as long as you mark them slaanesh, they're battleline for Slaanesh. ?

In the grand host of slaanesh it states that hellstriders and daemonettes are battleline and warriors and marauders arent in the list for them. So the wartiors will definitely count as battleline for grand host of slaanesh?

25 minutes ago, Trav said:

I think i get it now. And inwill still be able to keep host of slaanesh allegiance even with units of warriors in at as they have slaanesh keyword?

Yup. So long as they have the Slaanesh keyword, you don't break allegiance and can use the summoning system. 

40 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Yup. So long as they have the Slaanesh keyword, you don't break allegiance and can use the summoning system. 

Nice thanks. I thought i could only use hellstriders and daemonettes as battleline, happy i can incotporate my moral slaanesh units 

To be real, you want hellstriders. They are force multipliers in letting your forces live longer. Look at the lord on slaanesh mount, he gets a passive -1 to hit, with hellstriders nearby, in combat he would have a -2 to hit. A strong combo in keeping him alive. You can give him a realm relic for -3 to rend, so he would have 4 attacks, 3/3/-3/2, which is fairly good. 

1 hour ago, carnith said:

To be real, you want hellstriders. They are force multipliers in letting your forces live longer. Look at the lord on slaanesh mount, he gets a passive -1 to hit, with hellstriders nearby, in combat he would have a -2 to hit. A strong combo in keeping him alive. You can give him a realm relic for -3 to rend, so he would have 4 attacks, 3/3/-3/2, which is fairly good. 

And here's a funky addendum ; your enemy only gets that -1 if they finish their pile in move  within 3" of the lord. If they just straight up charge him without the pile in move,  no -1.

1 hour ago, HorseOnABeachBall said:

And here's a funky addendum ; your enemy only gets that -1 if they finish their pile in move  within 3" of the lord. If they just straight up charge him without the pile in move,  no -1.

You have to pile in though to fight though.

"If you pick a unit to fight, it first piles in, and then the models in the unit must attack."

A zero inch move is still a move.

Edit: I would think a pile in would happen even if the move is zero inches. 

Q: Sometimes an ability is used after a model moves. When this is the case, assuming the model is allowed to make a move, if I decide to leave it stationary, can I still use the ability?

A: Yes. For the purposes of the Age of Sigmar rules, if a model is allowed to move, you can choose to ‘move’ it 0 inches.

9 hours ago, carnith said:

A zero inch move is still a move.

Edit: I would think a pile in would happen even if the move is zero inches. 

Q: Sometimes an ability is used after a model moves. When this is the case, assuming the model is allowed to make a move, if I decide to leave it stationary, can I still use the ability?

A: Yes. For the purposes of the Age of Sigmar rules, if a model is allowed to move, you can choose to ‘move’ it 0 inches.

It is again "CAN choose to 'move' it 0 inches".

Archived