Models with 25mm base and 2" range attacks

Alessio

Question

7 answers to this question

11 hours ago, heywoah_twitch said:

If every base is touching, then 3 ranks get to attack, as 25mm is literally less than an inch.

If the bases have a little room in between, I'd bust out the tape measure.

Thanks!

You can of course off set them when you pile them in too.

Sort of

o  o  o  o  o  o

o  o  o  o  o  o

o  o  o  o  o  o

Hmmm, doesn't work well as text as i'd hoped, but rather than raking them like rank and file infantry, move the second 'rank' slightly to one side so they are in the 'v' gap between the two bases in front. Wont get you more attacks (will it allow a 3" reach to attack over 4 models? Don't think so), but may help avoid those instances if an opponents gets very picky. (1" is 25.4mm, but if a GW or 3rd party base is fractionally bigger, can you accurately measure and allow for 0.4mm?

5 hours ago, Deathwatch said:

You can of course off set them when you pile them in too.

Sort of

o  o  o  o  o  o

o  o  o  o  o  o

o  o  o  o  o  o

Hmmm, doesn't work well as text as i'd hoped, but rather than raking them like rank and file infantry, move the second 'rank' slightly to one side so they are in the 'v' gap between the two bases in front. Wont get you more attacks (will it allow a 3" reach to attack over 4 models? Don't think so), but may help avoid those instances if an opponents gets very picky. (1" is 25.4mm, but if a GW or 3rd party base is fractionally bigger, can you accurately measure and allow for 0.4mm?

Thanks it's very clear. Did you find anyone that didn't allow you to do that in your experience? I just want to understand if it's something generally accepted or not

53 minutes ago, Alessio said:

Thanks it's very clear. Did you find anyone that didn't allow you to do that in your experience? I just want to understand if it's something generally accepted or not

As we live in a Euclidean universe, anyone who has an issue with using base contact as a measurement tool is, well - a measurement tool without the 'measurement' bit.

14 hours ago, Alessio said:

I've not encountered anyone personally - just removes the possibility. I guess the 'fitting into the gap' is probably most useful now there seem to be more and more models on bases that 32mm or bigger.

@Deathwatch

Was it this, what you wanted?

uNKSC0c9PN999idIP8uBY0Rtw3gI1VM51OfE8ot5

(Quite fast made with paint. ? Well, they could be a little closer, but than the circles are going into each other.)

But in the end. After a base is 0,4mm smaller than an Inch is a model that is in base contact with a model that is in basecontact with the enemy can most likly attack.

Archived