Cavalry armies post-Brettonia?

19 hours ago, Wired4War said:

Wow, didn't even consider Slaves! Sounds pretty mean.

And all of that could be marked Khorne (or Nurgle, or Tzeentch or Slaanesh) and taken in their associated army faction Armies.

Or a Slaanesh Army with Seeker Chariots and Seekers, and Hellstriders of Slaanesh are battleline in a Slaanesh Army.

Then the factions have their own unique mounts, such as Juggernauts and Discs Of Tzeentch, or the Seeker Daemons.

On 7/9/2018 at 7:24 PM, Wired4War said:

This is definitely something I'm looking for, having a nice variety, and especially mounted heroes that won't be left behind.

Well, you should definetely have a look on Nurgle then. You can run all the Slaves to Darkness stuff (with Mark of Nurgle of course) as well as the Nurgle specific units like Pusgoyle Blightkings or Plague Drones. There are even some heros mounted on monsters. And Nurgle offers some movement shenanigans as well with their tree.

On 7/9/2018 at 7:24 PM, Wired4War said:

This is definitely something I'm looking for, having a nice variety, and especially mounted heroes that won't be left behind.

Well, you should definetely have a look on Nurgle then. You can run all the Slaves to Darkness stuff (with Mark of Nurgle of course) as well as the Nurgle specific units like Pusgoyle Blightkings or Plague Drones. There are even some heros mounted on monsters. And Nurgle offers some movement shenanigans as well with their tree.

On 7/8/2018 at 3:18 PM, christophe said:

Nighthaunt has cavalry battle line and nice new cavalry heroes. Or Deepkin if you want even more original cavalry  : eels are deadly and battlelines if you take the see-unicorn riding king, Bretonnia 2.0 :)

Hmmm...tell me more about the Nighthaunt cavalry. With no current interest in a second army, I haven't been following the Nighthaunt releases. What are the cavalry battle line and hero models? i only see the Hexwraiths on the website. is that it? Are they new models? The look a bit more skeletal than the others in the Nighthaunt line.

15 hours ago, Hannibal said:

That's really interesting, especially since I'd usually consider Nurgle a slow army, it'd be a neat twist.

13 minutes ago, Wired4War said:

That's really interesting, especially since I'd usually consider Nurgle a slow army, it'd be a neat twist.

With the v2.0 changes and available options, I’m not sure that Nurgle can actually be classified as slow... even without Cavalry.

While it hasn’t been specifically mentioned, Khorne Daemons can also be entirely a Cavalry Army as well... Daemons and Mortals Bloodbound on Juggernauts, Fleshhounds as Battleline. Flying Furies ... Chaos Wolfhounds.

2 hours ago, Mr. White said:

Hmmm...tell me more about the Nighthaunt cavalry. With no current interest in a second army, I haven't been following the Nighthaunt releases. What are the cavalry battle line and hero models? i only see the Hexwraiths on the website. is that it? Are they new models? The look a bit more skeletal than the others in the Nighthaunt line.

yes the Hexwraiths. I am personally not a fan... It's unfortunate, if the model were new, I would definitely go for it myself, love the new mounted heroes (on stag, Pegasus, horse) and the new black coach, and they have a nice thematic battalion to make it work. Some pics : https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/07/08/coming-next-week-heroes-old-and-new/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/30/30th-june-the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-open-day-live-bloggw-homepage-post-1/

On 7/8/2018 at 1:41 PM, Socrates said:

I play an all mounted Greenskinz force of Boarboyz, Warbosses on Boar, Shamans on Boar & more Boarboyz ;) 

Quite fun, but not that competitive.

Currently adding three Gargants to the force. Not mounted, but i think long-legged enough to keep up with the rest...

Definitely an army I have thought about doing. Love gargants as they are some of my favorite models.

The great thing about a Slaves to Darkness army with the Mark of Nurgle is that it lets you exploit the handsomest and clearly best mounted character in all of Warhammer-dom: Horticulus Slimux.  Aside from having the finest mount one could ask for, his burgeoning forest ensures that your already speedy troops can be ANYWHERE.  No objective is safe.

Oh, and I guess there's also that Harbinger of Decay chap, who is great and all, but he doesn't ride a snail.

8 hours ago, Wired4War said:

The battallion is Affliction Cyst, 3 units of Blightlords with a flying base move of 8".  They are led by the Lord of Afflictions, that can double that base move (16"). You can throw a Great Unclean One with a bell behind them for an additional 3" and use the contagion cycle to get an additional 2" (21").  

Using Gnarlmaws, they can all run/charge.  (21" + 3D6")  You can pay a command point to guarantee that run is a 6.  (27"  + 2D6")  Cogs will add +2/+2 to that run charge.  (31" + 2D6").

And if that's still too slow, you can deep strike the entire battalion wherever you need it, needing a 7 (with reroll) to charge.

Archived