Going above starting unit size

AaronWilson

Question

Can units go above there starting size in AoS2 via "adding" models to a unit.

Two examples would be Pink Horrors "Reality Blinks" rule, if I lose 1 horror, roll a 1 for the Battleshock test and roll a 6 on the following roll am I allowed to add 6 horrors to the unit, going over the starting size? 

Second example would be Tzaangor Shamans Bolt of Mutation, that allows me to add Tzaangors to a unit. If I haven't lost a Tzaangor yet, can  I go above my starting unit size?

Thanks guys :)

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, AaronWIlson said:

Yeah this is the reaction I've got from everyone so far but yet to see a rules quote!

There is no rule in the Core Rules or the Generals Handbook that contradicts or even adresses this question. So it's a yes.

But you should keep track of the number of slain Pink Horrors if you are planing to refill them using Fold Reality, as it only returns slain Models.

4 minutes ago, Drib said:

There is no rule in the Core Rules or the Generals Handbook that contradicts or even adresses this question. So it's a yes.

But you should keep track of the number of slain Pink Horrors if you are planing to refill them using Fold Reality, as it only returns slain Models.

Sweet :D

Terribly sorry, I got side tracked and didn't finish checking FAQs.

For flesh eater courts, the updated language is "returning slain models" and so since it's a return you can't go above the starting size.

However for Pink Horrors it is "add D6 models to the unit" and so you can go above the starting size.

1 hour ago, heywoah_twitch said:

Terribly sorry, I got side tracked and didn't finish checking FAQs.

For flesh eater courts, the updated language is "returning slain models" and so since it's a return you can't go above the starting size.

However for Pink Horrors it is "add D6 models to the unit" and so you can go above the starting size.

Excellent! I'll be adding Horrors & Tzaangors where ever I can :D

But yes you have to check wording of thw ability; if it says "slain models" than can't go over starting size.

Add models, means go bannanas.

The only time this doesn't work is if a unit can be effected by 2 abilities with the different stipulation. In which case i have no idea (suggest keeping count of how many models where spawned with the ability that says add models to a unit and add it to starting unit size to determine how many models can come back.

Archived