GW official base size document

Dongilles

Hey all,

I have read somewhere that GW is making their own base size document with recommended base sizes for all models, even the once that do not haveround bases yet.

I cant seem to find the source or anything, is something known about this? or when it will be available?

I really want to start rebasing my old models but not until I know the correct base sizes.

I can't remember the exact article, but they mentioned it in one of the AoS2 announcement articles. They said it would be released online with the new edition, but it was a "recommendation" or "guideline" - but most tournaments will stick to it, no doubt.

1 hour ago, Dongilles said:

Hey all,

I have read somewhere that GW is making their own base size document with recommended base sizes for all models, even the once that do not haveround bases yet.

I cant seem to find the source or anything, is something known about this? or when it will be available?

I really want to start rebasing my old models but not until I know the correct base sizes.

Me too. I've already had a guess, but I'm hoping I'm correct. Already I feel like I may have got a few wrong so I'm going to re-base the re-base haha. 

1 hour ago, Requizen said:

I can't remember the exact article, but they mentioned it in one of the AoS2 announcement articles. They said it would be released online with the new edition, but it was a "recommendation" or "guideline" - but most tournaments will stick to it, no doubt.

It was here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/03/3rd-june-rules-preview-measuring-and-piling-ingw-homepage-post-2/

Saturday is the day it seems! 

8 hours ago, MrZakalwe said:

They have now released it and it's damned weird. 

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/age_of_sigmar_core_rules_designers_commentary_base_sizes_en.pdf

Dragon Lord, Archmage on Dragon, Dreadlord on Black Dragon, and Sorceress on Black Dragon all have different base sizes.

2 kits, 4 different base sizes. 

As I've said in another thread, if there are base sizes you disagree with or missing, wing GW an e-mail on the FAQ line: AoSFAQ@gwplc.com.  That way they have everything in one place so can review things :) 

2 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

As I've said in another thread, if there are base sizes you disagree with or missing, wing GW an e-mail on the FAQ line: AoSFAQ@gwplc.com.  That way they have everything in one place so can review things :) 

I've made a thread to collate the oddities. It's in my sig @MrZakalwe and for anyone else who think there are some anomalies. 

Archived