How much do you think summoning will affect the 'meta' in AoS 2?

Enoby

After a few games with tzeentch and against Maggotkin and Death, I think building an army to abuse summoning is suboptimal and can be neutered by a good player.

How much will it change the meta? I think the changes to mystic shield, shooting, command points and terrain had a bigger impact on the game than summoning. 

**My initial impression is

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Roark I feel like Khorne are in a place where if you build a very specific style of list for a competitive scene they can be very good, but in casual play and more well rounded list don’t do as well.

theyre the opposite of BCR in that respect I think, who don’t really have much comp value but in a casual game can be very good.

1 hour ago, AthlorianStoners said:

@Roark I feel like Khorne are in a place where if you build a very specific style of list for a competitive scene they can be very good, but in casual play and more well rounded list don’t do as well.

Yeah, the old Triple Letterbomb Murderhost. I never ran it. I find it a tad... boring. In a week, though, it won't exist.

Myconcern is that Khorne will move to a whole other single-build tourney strategy, ie: tithe farming. And that this strategy won't do very well anyway, because the Tithe has to feed both summoning and the basic Allegiance abilities.

3 hours ago, Roark said:

Yeah, the old Triple Letterbomb Murderhost. I never ran it. I find it a tad... boring. In a week, though, it won't exist.

Myconcern is that Khorne will move to a whole other single-build tourney strategy, ie: tithe farming. And that this strategy won't do very well anyway, because the Tithe has to feed both summoning and the basic Allegiance abilities.

Assuming there are no sneaky warscroll changes.

I'm a fan but it's super gimmicky and it will probably not be enough to make Khorne happen in a competitive setting.

If someone not familiar with Khorne is interested in why Khorne's summoning is so godawful. There is a post in the lets chat Khorne thread that goes into detail.

At least we know that it's save to abandon Khorne, as there is nothing coming our way in the next 1-2 years. :D

Archived