Orruk boys standard question

Gorthor21

25 minutes ago, Gorthor21 said:

I’m not sure if it’s a silly question or not but can a unit of Orruks with two standards one a banner and one a skull icon benefit from the different rules or do I have to choose which one?

Yes, a unit can have more than one standard. In Matched Play its usually limited though for one banner per 10 models.

I can see where they are coming from but it is kind of silly to make as many standards and drummers as possible.  I’m just asking as I have recently gotten over 30 orruks off eBay and it came with an icon and banner and it would make sense reading the warscroll that the standard bearer can have either one I just wanted to make sure that the unit would benefit from both rules or just one of them.

Here in Australia, most tournament packs will stipulate one of each available banner per unit. 

But the core rules as written do not prevent you taking 30 banners in a 30-man unit.

I think it comes from the way the game has evolved, whereby unit sizes do not always match kits.  And the original philosophy was to let everyone use their existing models.  So they didn't impose some catch-all rule that might have induced salt by making existing units invalid.

Personally I would like to see "1 banner and musician per multiple of minimum unit size".  So you can safely model up your kits to be interchangaeble as for example 3 x 10 or 1 x 30. 

But the way it works right now (go for your life in theory, but tournament packs preventing abusive builds) works pretty well in practice I think.

Archived