Newbie question - leftover points?

Hi guys, 

It's a bit weird to call myself a newbie as I've been buying/painting/reading about AoS since it came out...but I've only played like one small game, a long time ago.  

One thing that keeps tripping me up is: when I use Azyr to make a list...let's say 1000 points...I often end up with what feels like a sizeable chunk of points I can't spend. Anywhere from 40-60 points. I say "can't spend" because all I can see are units, and they usually cost more than that.  In other games there are generally some cheap options or units you can use to fill up those points and get to a full 1K for example.

What I'm wondering is: is this normal, or am I overlooking something?

Thanks in advance!

- The MiniJunkie

It happens. You can either look to your allies lists to see if there's one thing small that'll fit (or a slightly better thing that'll do the job of something you're already taking for slightly more points), or you take the triumph assuming you've less points than your opponent.

What faction/grand alliance? 60 points is the standard cost of a cheap 10-man battleline unit usually.

In the new edition, for every 50 points you don't spend, you'll get a Command Point - so this should be less of an issue going forward.

If you're keen to fill those points, I've seen a lot of Order players putting in a Gryph Hound ally because they're so cheap. Not sure if there's any equivalent for other allegiances. 

39 minutes ago, MacDuff said:

ID don't have a Gryph Fish, but I'm now considering basing all the extra fish models from my kits into swarms, and using the Gryph Hound rules sounds perfect!

Saw someone on Reddit doing this just the other day! Works nicely, especially if you save the big fish from the Gloomtide kit 

Archived