The Sultan's Fleet

For the deadmans chest model you may be able to make something cool out of the back half of the Idoneth shipwreck and the Corpse cart (plus a chest obviously). Literally have drowned dragging a ruined ship wreck through soil and sand as they cannot touch the gold without being cursed.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Melcavuk said:

For the deadmans chest model you may be able to make something cool out of the back half of the Idoneth shipwreck and the Corpse cart (plus a chest obviously). Literally have drowned dragging a ruined ship wreck through soil and sand as they cannot touch the gold without being cursed.

Oh thats pretty good, I had planned to take the treasure chest from the Azyrite Ruins kit and some spare shellie's, have four armed with shovels and holding onto it while another was leading them, I'll see what the store and E-Bay have available. The rough draft of the Warscroll is now done(using current idea).deadman__0027s-chest.jpg.b9f3a9eaab51b7f0159633192d9bcb5c.jpg

Looks good (points dependant). I'd give it a wound chart and higher base move (5ish probaby) with that and the number of attacks decreasing with the wounds, gives you a better chanced of getting it up field and represents slowing down as its minders die off one by one. For the Gold Madness its just a matter of tightening up the wording.

"During the combat phase roll 6D6 for every enemy unit within 6 inches of this model. On a 5+ you may attack with one model in that unit as if it were your own. Add 1 if the unit contains the Duardin keyword"

Currently your wording implies for every 5+ the entire unit attacks (a unit might attack itself 6 times with every single model, the new wording clarifies one model attacks per 5+

"

1 minute ago, Melcavuk said:

Looks good (points dependant). I'd give it a wound chart and higher base move (5ish probaby) with that and the number of attacks decreasing with the wounds, gives you a better chanced of getting it up field and represents slowing down as its minders die off one by one. For the Gold Madness its just a matter of tightening up the wording.

"During the combat phase roll 6D6 for every enemy unit within 6 inches of this model. On a 5+ you may attack with one model in that unit as if it were your own. Add 1 if the unit contains the Duardin keyword"

Currently your wording implies for every 5+ the entire unit attacks (a unit might attack itself 6 times with every single model, the new wording clarifies one model attacks per 5+

"

As always your advice on this matter is gladly appreciated, I'll work on changing it in a bit. Also I don't know if you remember this thread but I got permission from Sandlemad to create his Furnace Kings faction, seeing as how your the master of all things ogre any unit ideas? I know im going to use a converted tyrant model for conversion purposed but thats about it.

I'd lean on the fires of Industry for Furnace kings, but not the sleek modern kind of industry. Lean into the smoke belching, toxic fluid leaking, beaten iron and crude mechanism king of industry. Essentially take industry to a point where it is entirely destruction, the fire that scorch the realm clean of plant, the smog that blocks out the Sun, run off the pollutes the waters, it is destruction for all realms borne of singular intent. 

I'd lean to elite, highly individualised models (so think like Ogorv equivalent of Stormfiends as a base troop but less weird science more blunderbuss and boilerplate). Slow, resilient but unrelenting are likely your focus areas, something akin to a steam engine but possibly with extra beasts to pull the bulk of it forward. Trophies, loot, gold, stolen tech etc.

1 minute ago, Melcavuk said:

I'd lean on the fires of Industry for Furnace kings, but not the sleek modern kind of industry. Lean into the smoke belching, toxic fluid leaking, beaten iron and crude mechanism king of industry. Essentially take industry to a point where it is entirely destruction, the fire that scorch the realm clean of plant, the smog that blocks out the Sun, run off the pollutes the waters, it is destruction for all realms borne of singular intent. 

I'd lean to elite, highly individualised models (so think like Ogorv equivalent of Stormfiends as a base troop but less weird science more blunderbuss and boilerplate). Slow, resilient but unrelenting are likely your focus areas, something akin to a steam engine but possibly with extra beasts to pull the bulk of it forward. Trophies, loot, gold, stolen tech etc.

Yeah I was thinking of making them have soot covering certain parts of them and slapped together containers as well as armor. More Industrial Revolution Steel Mill, then modern day stuff. They would also have a hatred for dwarfs, both sides constantly trying to outdo each other.

For weapons look to see if you can get spares off of the Kharadron players, having a unit of three "insert name here" with massive harpoon launching cannons chained to the ground as a way of "bring dat skyship closer so we's can get a gud look at it" kind of unit with bonuses for targetting warmachines or monsters would be cool. 

Just now, Melcavuk said:

For weapons look to see if you can get spares off of the Kharadron players, having a unit of three "insert name here" with massive harpoon launching cannons chained to the ground as a way of "bring dat skyship closer so we's can get a gud look at it" kind of unit with bonuses for targetting warmachines or monsters would be cool. 

I have some kharadron spares, so I think im covered there( Dwarves are my favorite fantasy race). The harpoon idea is great, maybe good war machine. Im thinking of giving them a Flame cannon wielding elite with the tanks being endrnrigger hot air balloons.

Also a sneaky loot oriented grot unit would work, something designed to outflank the enemy and then take out warmachines with a rule along the lines of

"Just Testin da Merchandise!" - If this unit is within 6 inches of an enemy warmachine when it loses its last crewmember or wound roll a D6, on a 2 or more you may immediately make a shooting attack with that model as though it were your own, on a roll of 1 however the damage machine collapses on the unfortunate grots who suffer D3 mortal wounds

Here is the terrain/scenery idea for the dread fleet.

Dead Water- the dread fleet is connected to the realms by those spots in the realm where the life giving liquid has absorbed the magic of Shyish. Whether by pollution, death, sorcerous experimentation, or just per chance, these spots become locus points for the Dread Fleet to emerge.....

Before the beginning of the game select two pieces of scnenery/terrain on the board, those pieces become hosts to Dead Water. During the game when you are summoning a unit, you may chose to place the unit up to 6” from the Dead Water and 9” from any enemy unit. All Dread Fleet units gain a 6+ save against mortal and normal wounds if they are within 6” of a Dead Water location. 

Looks good, so they essentially work in a similar way to Legion of Nagash gravesites but in this instance you pick out of existing terrain features to have been contaminated with the Dead Water rather than placing additional features?

33 minutes ago, Melcavuk said:

Looks good, so they essentially work in a similar way to Legion of Nagash gravesites but in this instance you pick out of existing terrain features to have been contaminated with the Dead Water rather than placing additional features?

Correct, I didn't like the idea of placing a terrain feature of just water(plus how do you model water?), and I thought it would make them more terrifying lore wise if they appeared out of nowhere.

Here’s some lore that I’ve been working on so far.

The Dread Fleet 

Throughout the oceans of the Mortal Realms something sinister is happening. Ships wrecked for time immemorial are disappearing, dreadful storms wrack the coast as old sailors believed to be mad spout tidings of doom as the Dread Fleet cometh.

Legends persist throughout the Mortal Realms of an underworld made up of the wrecks of sunken ships. Of the faces of loved ones lost to the seas appearing in still water. Coastal settlements speak of a pervading fog appearing on nights of full moons, and of bizarre magicks coming from those sources one would not expect. This is the Dread Fleet, the navy of The Undying King Nagash, and it’s crew are made from the souls and bodies of sailors ripped from their rightful peace and happiness. It is led by he Golden Magus, the newly elevated Mortarch of Treason, A sorcerer from The World That Was who survived by the most esoteric of means. The Magus serves Nagash loyally, yet wherever the Magus’s fleets appears so do the Disciples of Tzeentch appear..... 

During both the Age of Myth and The Age of Choas, the Magus existed within The Galleons Graveyard, an underworld created by the fears and superstitions of sailors from The World That Was; it was only during Nagash’s expansions during the Age of Sigmar did it’s existence came to the attention of the Undying King. Ever the opportunist, The Golden Magus pledged himself to Nagash, and in return was granted the title of Mortarch. 

Nagash,s first task for his new subject was to lead his forces in he conquering of the seas and coastal regions of the Mortal Realms, cutting off key supply points for the forces of Order and crushing the Usurper Sigmar’s hopes and dreams.

Hey everyone, I am thinking of getting rid of the flying carpet unit for the following reasons

1. having trouble balancing the rules for them
  2. can't figure out how to convert them

However I will replace them with one of the two below, if this does not gain traction I'll keep on trying to make them come to life.

1. Ghastly Bucaneer (hero, Wizard)
  2. Infernal Dervishes(elite infantry)
  3. Giant Monster(TBD)

Quick thoughts:

you may need to edit that 1 up save :P

what do the shackles do? Might have missed their sceoll

abd the first ability I’m taking it you meant shooting phase but wrote combat phase?

otherwise a well balanced and useful piece.

2 minutes ago, Melcavuk said:

Quick thoughts:

you may need to edit that 1 up save :P

what do the shackles do? Might have missed their sceoll

abd the first ability I’m taking it you meant shooting phase but wrote combat phase?

otherwise a well balanced and useful piece.

first-oops

second-It's one of the new endless spells for the Malign Sorcery expansion, so I don't know either(yet).

third- yes I did mean shooting.

fourth- thank you as always.

Ah in that case rumour has it the endless spells cost points to summon to reflect their potency so you may need to work that in. 

Also did broadside I’d limit to it “only one cannon can embark per ship in this manner” if you’ll end up with 10 hidden in one ship

Just now, Melcavuk said:

Ah in that case rumour has it the endless spells cost points to summon to reflect their potency so you may need to work that in. 

Also did broadside I’d limit to it “only one cannon can embark per ship in this manner” if you’ll end up with 10 hidden in one ship

That image is strangely amusing, and I'll work in the costs if that is the case.

20 minutes ago, Melcavuk said:

Also do you have any suggestions for a replacement for the flying carpets? the idea is awesome but there are no models to properly base them off of conversion wise.

hey everyone, I have been working on the points cost for the units and here they are. 

Men O bones- min- 10 maximum of 20- costs 80 points(battle line)

Drowned- min 20 maximum unit of 40- costs 60 points(battle line)

jury riggers- min- 5 maximum unit of 10- costs 95 points(elite)

Black water Janisaries- min- 3 maximum unit of 6- cost 110 points (battle line if Fortune Teller or Golden Magus is your general)(elite) 120 points

Ifrit-min-3 maximum unit of 6 (battle line if Golden Magus is your general) (elite) 110 points

Flying Sijadas- min-5 Maximum unit of 10 (calvary) 125 points

Accursed Navigator- Hero 95 points/110 with Possesed Rowboat

Old Sea Dog- Hero, Priest 100 points/110 with Possesed Rowboat

Jann-Hero, 145 points

Sea nymph-Hero 130

Fortune Teller -Hero Wizard-130 points/150 with Mystic Wagon

Soul Mudafae- Warmachine 200 points

Dead Mans Chest- Warmachine Totem- 190 points

ClockWork ThunderTusk- Warmachine Behemoth 320 points

Spectral Schooner- Warmachine 185 points

Golden Magus Mortarch of Treason- General Behemoth 320 points

Golden Magus Arch Sorcerer of Tzeentch-General Wizard 220 points.

Archived