Non-Game Ruining Competitive Tzeentch

S133arcanite

I do not know enough about Tz to comment on your list. But if it is billed as a tournament NOBODY can cry when you bring a change host. It is valid and legitimate.  You are THAT GUY if you bring it to a friendly game unannounced just for the sake of winning, where FUN is the goal.  All bets are off once money is on the table.  Just my two cents. 

I second what @sal4m4nd3r wrote.  A tournament is explicitly an event whose purpose is to prove who is the best at something in a given time period and under a predetermined set of criteria.  I would be disappointed if I came to a tournament and didn't face the strongest challenge my opponents could bring.  Everyone at a tournament should revel in the filth.   Would you choose to paint models less skillfully, using lower quality equipment to handicap yourself on soft scores?  

List looks fun. I know you are trying to stack the +1 to wound from Pyrofane Cult but in my experience/opinion Acolytes are just too squishy to be competitive by themselves.

I havnt tried it quite yet but here is a list that is similar to yours, that I was thinking of running. Although, I do have alot of experience with a 30 block of Tzaangors with Shield of fate and IP, and they are my MVP every game. I doubled up on Shield of Fate Magisters as one is likely to be picked off. Guant Summoner can summon a Balewind or Pinks FTW

Leaders

Tzaangor Shaman (160)  General

• Additional Spell: Fold Reality

Magister (120)

• Additional Spell: Shield of Fate

Magister (120)

Gaunt Summoner (120)

• Additional Spell: Bolt of Tzeentch

Units

10 x Kairic Acolytes (100)

30 x Tzaangors (450)

3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (200)

20 x Kairic Acolytes (200)

Battalions

Arcanite Cabal (100)

Witchfyre Coven (110)

The Pyrofane Cult (180)

1860 total

Cheers Mate

20 hours ago, RavensTalons88 said:

List looks fun. I know you are trying to stack the +1 to wound from Pyrofane Cult but in my experience/opinion Acolytes are just too squishy to be competitive by themselves.

I havnt tried it quite yet but here is a list that is similar to yours, that I was thinking of running. Although, I do have alot of experience with a 30 block of Tzaangors with Shield of fate and IP, and they are my MVP every game. I doubled up on Shield of Fate Magisters as one is likely to be picked off. Guant Summoner can summon a Balewind or Pinks FTW

Leaders

Tzaangor Shaman (160)  General

• Additional Spell: Fold Reality

Magister (120)

Magister (120)

Gaunt Summoner (120)

• Additional Spell: Bolt of Tzeentch

Units

10 x Kairic Acolytes (100)

30 x Tzaangors (450)

3 x Tzaangor Skyfires (200)

20 x Kairic Acolytes (200)

Battalions

Arcanite Cabal (100)

Witchfyre Coven (110)

The Pyrofane Cult (180)

1860 total

Cheers Mate

Looks good, unfortunately you need 2X 20 units of Kairic to run Pyrofane.

I dont have any advice, but im curious what your experience with the pyrofane cult would be. I was planning on makin the pyrofane cult too. The acolytes are fun to paint. Btw, about the acolytes being squishy isnt that why you hav to add them in big numbers to your unit, so you can get more dmg output and the two units have a total of 40 wounds through which your opponent has to grind.

Archived