Battleline and Firestorm City

Dragobeth

Question

Can I use especific battleline units as battleline on my Firestorm City army?

For example, using Eternal Guard (Wanderers Battleline) on my Greywaters army (Stormcast, Free Peoples, Ironweld, Colegiate Arcane & Wanderers) as one of my 3 battleline units on 2k points.

4 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

You cannot use eternal guard for greywater. Freeguild Guard, handgunner, liberators or glade guard are all good

thanks - I forgot to specifically mention that part!

Eternal Guard can't be used because they aren't battleline for a GA: Order army, only a Wanderers army.

On 1.5.2018 at 11:45 PM, heywoah_twitch said:

thanks - I forgot to specifically mention that part!

Eternal Guard can't be used because they aren't battleline for a GA: Order army, only a Wanderers army.

On 1.5.2018 at 11:43 PM, Morglum StormBasha said:

You cannot use eternal guard for greywater. Freeguild Guard, handgunner, liberators or glade guard are all good

I think, both of you forgot one point. The City rules (or better the change of the Errata) only interact with the Allegiance Abilities (Battletraits, Command Traits, Artefacts), not with the Allegiance itself.

The Matched Play rules told us, that we can take the Allegiance Abilities of the Grand Alliance regardless what our Allegiance is (Page 77, Army Roster, last paragraph)

So, if we take an  Army of the Wanderers Allegiance, we have the choice of taking the Order Allegiance Abilities or the Wanderers Allegiance Abilities and in both ways will still have the "battleline if" choices of Wanderers.

Now, if we take the Wanderers Allegiance Abilities, we can't take the the rules for the City.

If we take Order Allegiance Abilities we can use the city rules and still have battleline if units as long as the army still has the allegiance for these.

Archived