Flesh Wash Advice Needed

Sharkbelly

Hey all, I'm running into a problem with my bottle of Reikland Fleshshade. It goes on nice and smooth, but then it dries sort of a powdery pink color. Has anyone else had this happen before? Can anything be done about it, or is it time to replace the bottle?

How well do you mix the wash?  I've found the white patches in the past tend to come from the pot not being mixed enough or an old/duff pot (quite common if you buy from a local toy shop or similar).  Applying neat Lahmian Medium to the white patches can sometimes sort the problem out

@RuneBrush is right. But I'd suggest shaking the bottle every time before using it.

You can hear Duncan say it in the video below, but he only shakes it for a second. Shake it for at least 10-20 seconds. If you're putting the shade on a wet palette keep mixing it.

That said reikland is chalky in finish. I've ordered Vallejo flesh wash to see if it's any better.

It's a badly mixed pot, usually that residue sinks to the bottom but occasionally it's small enough to float.

Shake the bottle really well, apply a little to a pallette and if it's still not right, and you bought it recently from a GW store pop back in, and they'll check it and will usually replace it

Archived