Modeling some cavalry from empire kits

cooleyo

Hey all,

I can't sell my 10x Freeguild Cavalry, who are heavily armoured horses with plated knights with lances and foppish plumed helmets. I got an image from a Website online, the armour and heads are the same but they have lances instead of hammers.

I've got the big box of skulls so I could probably do some conversions/head swaps if needed.

I plan on playing either legion of sacrament, night or grand host (most lists with my old metal vampire lord on zombie dragon, two necromancers, hordes of zombies and skeletons, 2x5 dire wolves, and no of the "new" kits such as blood coven blood thrones hexwraiths etc). I don't have support troops like vargheists or bats either.

What I'm wondering is: which unit should I make with that lot?

• Black Knights (swapping their head for a skull, painting the armor in rust)
  • Blood Knights (painting them in the regular red and black scheme is good enough even if they keep their human looking heads)
  • Hexwraiths (priming them in white and adding wash; maybe doing the head swap)

knights.PNG

On 3/30/2018 at 3:57 PM, cooleyo said:

My question is which unit I should pick. This is both a modeling and an army list writing question.

Really depends on the kind of army you want. If you want to focus on Soulblight/Legion of Blood, then Blood Knights would be great. Blood Knight are also the most expensive units, so if you need to get to the high points levels, they can be good. Black Knights can have buffs by Wight Kings and Legion of Nagash stuff, so could be beneficial if you want to go that route. 

Archived