Ironjawz / Destruction Allegiance

Chris Tomlin

Evening all,

Following on from the "Competitive Ironjawz" thread where there was some talk over whether an Ironjawz army qualifying for the bonus Battleline units would be able to access the Destruction traits and artefacts, I had some...ur...interesting conversations on Twitter tonight. 

IMO it's clearly worded you shouldn't get it, however as an Ironjawz player, it pleases me that apparently we can! Looks like there will be an FAQ on release. Here's some screenshots - Rampaging Destroyers is back on!!

Night xx

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

17 hours ago, Dez said:

Basically you can build your list with allegiance Ironjawz. Then after everything is deployed and on the table you say 'SURPRISE!!! Destruction!!!'

Pretty much yes. All Ironjawz armies are Destruction armies, so they get to choose those options. All Destruction armies are not Ironjawz armies, so they don't get to use their Battleline units unless they only choose units with that keyword.

If that weren't the case, then all subfaction armies without a Post-GH Battletome would be stuffed, because if you took their allegiance, you cut yourself off from all allegiance abilities.

16 hours ago, AdHocGames said:

If that weren't the case, then all subfaction armies without a Post-GH Battletome would be stuffed, because if you took their allegiance, you cut yourself off from all allegiance abilities.

This was the dread fear that took hold over all of us Ironjawz players here for the best part of a day haha!

I glad they are releasing an FAQ to clarify that it does not work this way, as you say it would be a really negative otherwise (unless they go back and release faction specific stuff for the "old" battletomes - which I hope they do anyway tbh) and would kinda promote power creep.

Basically though - it's all good :D 

• 3 weeks later...

Well the FAQ is out, and it states that Allegiance has to be written on the list (so it has to be chosen when the list is built, which is pretty faire since some units are line if you take the allegiance).

The question is : so old battletome won't have commande new traits ? Neither Magical item ? 

Archived