- Skryre Battleline
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
- Skryre Battleline
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
- Skryre Battleline

Units
1 x Warpfire Thrower Weapon Team (70)
1 x Poisoned Wind Mortar Weapon Team (60)
1 x Warp Grinder Weapon Team (100)

War Machines
Warp Lightning Cannon (180)

Battalions
Clan Skryre (100)
Gascloud Chokelung (50)
Arkhspark Voltik (50)
Gautfyre Skorch (150)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 85

Am I crazy to play this in a tournament tomorrow?

10 hours ago, Dez said:

Allegiance: Skaven Skryre

Leaders
Arch Warlock (140)
- General
- Trait: Masterful Scavenger 
Warlock Engineer (100)
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector 
Warlock Engineer (100)
Warlock Engineer (100)

Battleline
3 x Stormfiends (300)
- Skryre Battleline
3 x Stormfiends (300)
- Skryre Battleline
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
- Skryre Battleline
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
- Skryre Battleline

Units

War Machines

Battalions
Clan Skryre (100)
Gascloud Chokelung (50)
Arkhspark Voltik (50)
Gautfyre Skorch (150)

Good luck to you then

14 hours ago, Dez said:

Allegiance: Skaven Skryre

Leaders
Arch Warlock (140)
- General
- Trait: Masterful Scavenger 
Warlock Engineer (100)
- Artefact: Vigordust Injector 
Warlock Engineer (100)
Warlock Engineer (100)

Battleline
3 x Stormfiends (300)
- Skryre Battleline
3 x Stormfiends (300)
- Skryre Battleline
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
- Skryre Battleline
5 x Skryre Acolytes (60)
- Skryre Battleline

Units

War Machines

Battalions
Clan Skryre (100)
Gascloud Chokelung (50)
Arkhspark Voltik (50)
Gautfyre Skorch (150)

Yes. 

But that's the point of playing Skryre, no? :D If nothing else, it serves as a nice scientific experiment, but I'm pretty sure your army will get absolutely annihilated by anything that looks in your direction. A glass cannon with it's cannon part split between three different outputs makes it more of an open palm than a closed fist. An open palm made out of straw. Now, paper beats rock, but I think you might have dipped your paper in water here.

On the other hand. It is crazy enough that it might just work.

Best of luck ;)

Tabled my first 2 opponents with Major Victories and a narrow loss in the third round to Skink Spam :) I almost pulled it out in the last game too! I think next time I'd go with my first instinct, and bulk up the Gautfyre with another 3 Stormfiends.

5 hours ago, Dez said:

Tabled my first 2 opponents with Major Victories and a narrow loss in the third round to Skink Spam :) I almost pulled it out in the last game too! I think next time I'd go with my first instinct, and bulk up the Gautfyre with another 3 Stormfiends.

For curiosity sake. Define skink spam :) how many are we talking?

I agree with the doubling up on gautfyre. People still don't know how to deploy against it it seems.

19 hours ago, Mayple said:

For curiosity sake. Define skink spam :) how many are we talking?

I agree with the doubling up on gautfyre. People still don't know how to deploy against it it seems.

Off the top of my head it was 9 Ripperdactyles, that just dive in and kill whatever unit they want. 90 Skinks, 15 Saurus Riders, 2 units of 3 Razordons. I think it was a Skink Cheiftan and an Old One as the HQ. Battleplan was Starstrike.

My first Battleplan was Duality of Death, which I was dreading, vs Tzeentch...which I was dreading :) Great, tough fight but the Great Horned One prevails, yes-yes.

Round two was Knife in the Heart, which would have been better if I had more models I would have gotten a Major vs Minor.

4 hours ago, Dez said:

Off the top of my head it was 9 Ripperdactyles, that just dive in and kill whatever unit they want. 90 Skinks, 15 Saurus Riders, 2 units of 3 Razordons. I think it was a Skink Cheiftan and an Old One as the HQ. Battleplan was Starstrike.

My first Battleplan was Duality of Death, which I was dreading, vs Tzeentch...which I was dreading :) Great, tough fight but the Great Horned One prevails, yes-yes.

Round two was Knife in the Heart, which would have been better if I had more models I would have gotten a Major vs Minor.

Ah.

Hordes are the best defense against alpha strikes. The fact that he brought skinks, and you didn't bring clanrats, would give his ripperdactyls free reign. Otherwise, those ripperdactyls would gorge themselves on clanrats only to be blown to smithereens in turn. A good trade. Assuming proper bubblewrapping, of course.

I'll assume you know this, but just in case: hordes, and especially clanrats/skinks, translate to battlefield and objective control. The less clanrats you bring, the less battlefield control. More rats equals more control. You can substitute clanrats with giant rats, or even full units of skryre acolytes, but clanrats are superior in mobility. 

In the absence of battlefield control, you'd want either a way to remove the opponent's battlefield control, or some alternative metod of dictating the flow of battle. This could be a strong alpha strike*, or some other crazy scheme. Skryre being mainly a gunline, you'd be wise to have at least a token unit of 20 clanrats/giant rats to stand in the way of the opponent's alpha strike. Otherwise you leave yourself at the mercy of whatever is brought against you.

*Skryre alpha strikes are especially weakened by good bubblewraps. 

Most of the above is just said in case you hadn't discovered it yourself already ;) if you have, then feel free to disregard it. Figured it might be helpful if not :)

Best of luck in future plot-schemes.

On 24/03/2018 at 6:05 PM, Mayple said:

Yes. 

But that's the point of playing Skryre, no? :D If nothing else, it serves as a nice scientific experiment, but I'm pretty sure your army will get absolutely annihilated by anything that looks in your direction. A glass cannon with it's cannon part split between three different outputs makes it more of an open palm than a closed fist. An open palm made out of straw. Now, paper beats rock, but I think you might have dipped your paper in water here.

On the other hand. It is crazy enough that it might just work.

Best of luck ;)

One of my friend played a skryre list without stormfiend or battalion, but with several mortar weapon, 40 clanrat as a first line unit, 30 acolytes, 12 jezzails and one lightning warp canon (and some more things, but those are the main part of the list).

He basically delete everything faster than he is deleted. He don't win all his games, but do very well even against competitive armies. He won 3 matchs at the blood tithe event and his team finished 4th.

18 minutes ago, ledha said:

One of my friend played a skryre list without stormfiend or battalion, but with several mortar weapon, 40 clanrat as a first line unit, 30 acolytes, 12 jezzails and one lightning warp canon (and some more things, but those are the main part of the list).

He basically delete everything faster than he is deleted. He don't win all his games, but do very well even against competitive armies. He won 3 matchs at the blood tithe event and his team finished 4th.

Nice :D I really enjoy seeing non-battalion Skryre lists - or Skryre lists in general without any Stormfiends. Now, Stormfiends are good, but Acolytes are hidden gems, and it's also a lot of fun seeing -how- such a list differs from the norm. Kudos to that guy.

The only reason my WLC and Arch-Warlock and one Engineer lived is because I managed to bubble wrap them against terrain. Poor, poor Stormfiends die-die good-death.

Yeah I loved my wee groups of 5 Acolytes that people ignored for my Stormfiends...then the Acolytes started removing units in range :)

I'd taken Clanrats in previous iterations of this list, and I love Verminus (I used to play it almost exclusively before last GHB). Perhaps I'll bring them back again, but I may try out Giant Rats. I needed that movement 8 and could have used it big time for Objective Grabbing backup.

I'm also considering a different angle, using the Chaos Allegiance but with all Skaven...ideas will be forthcoming :)

Archived