First forays into Death (returning player)

Hi there!

This is my first post, so I'd like to make it a (hopefully) good one :)

For various reasons I am now returning to the hobby and attempting  to resurrect my Vampire Counts army (now Death / Legions of Nagash of course) with a brand new theme and paint scheme.

My knowledge of the Mortal Realms is quite slim at the moment, but the idea for this army is as follows, though it is still very much a work in progress:

Based in Ghyran, there is a group of Vampires who have been punished by Nagash for past discretions by being  eternally bound to particular cursed woodland. Of course this woodland has been the site of many prior atrocities and is generally given a wide-birth by those that know the area.

However, these dreadful creatures have found a way to  almost escape their prison  by subverting the powers of the Sylvaneth. What this means is that they are able to freely travel between woodland by means of teleportation to haunt and terrorize other areas of the Mortal Realms. They are also desperately seeking a way to free themselves completely of being tethered to the woods....

Now, the paint scheme for the army should incorporate elements of woodland with a general 'overgrown' feel. I also wanted the bones of the infantry to look arcane and.... well.... not bone coloured! This is High Fantasy after all and Age of Sigmar seems to be shooting for 'bigger and crazier is actually better'.

I have no idea how the pictures will turn out, or even where they will appear..... but here goes.....

There should be so far:

1. Some Skellies painted up

2. Terrorgheist on scenic base (work in progress)

3. Vampire Lord conversion

4. Necromancer conversion (work in progress)

IMAG0728.jpg

IMAG0726.jpg

IMAG0720.jpg

IMAG0722.jpg

Thanks for the comments! I decided to work on the Necro in the end. It's a bit of a mad conversion really so I've taken a few shots from different angles. There's still work to be done on it, but it's generally getting there.... Oh yes, the odd looking black things are toad stools, or at least will be!

IMAG0747.jpg

IMAG0750.jpg

IMAG0748.jpg

IMAG0749.jpg

• 4 months later...

Thanks! I've been converting quite a lot for this army, which certainly isn't making the project any faster, ha ha!

I've recently been converting up some spiders from the spiderfang range to use as dire wolves stand-ins, and will hopefully start painting them this weekend.

Oh yes, I've also converted some spirit hosts, still have loads of Grimghast and Chainrasp to paint, have a Black Coach to assemble/paint and the same for a Coven Throne!

What is is they say about idle hands again?????

Archived