Battleshock and Daemons

RuneBrush

Question

Just remembered another couple of questions that arose over the weekend.  Most Daemon units have the option to add an icon to them which grants them a "Reality Blink" ability:

If you roll a 1 when making a battleshock test for a unit that includes and <type> icon, reality blinks and the daemonic horde is bolstered.  Add D6 <models> to the unit.

(note each unit varies slightly in the icon name and some are only D3 rather than D6 models).

Now, here are the two questions.

If a Daemon unit has been made Immune to Battleshock (specifically the Bloodsecrator banner) does this prevent them from making a reality blinks roll?

If Reality Blinks, does this automatically pass the Battleshock too?  For example, if a unit has lost 10 models and rolls a 1, they would loose 1 model based on a Bravery of 10.  However, you're increasing the unit by at least 1.

I've a gut feeling it's yes and then no, but wasn't 100% sure.

4 answers to this question

47 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

If a Daemon unit has been made Immune to Battleshock (specifically the Bloodsecrator banner) does this prevent them from making a reality blinks roll?

Yes

If Reality Blinks, does this automatically pass the Battleshock too?  For example, if a unit has lost 10 models and rolls a 1, they would loose 1 model based on a Bravery of 10.  However, you're increasing the unit by at least 1.

No.

I've been playing it, that a 1 will just add models back to the unit, rather than lose models, then add.

I've also been rolling the Battleshock test hoping for a 1, even if immune to battleshock. To me it's a special rule which should be rolled for. I still role even if I've only lost 1 model and can't physically lose anymore to Battleshock.

The wording on inspiring presence (and Rage of Khorne) is not "immune" to battleshock (or its effects) - it's "does not have to take battleshock tests". This makes it voluntary.

So yes, you can still roll for Battleshock to try and trigger Reality Blink - but if you lose models as a result of the roll, you will lose models because you have chosen to take a battleshock test and therefore are subject to the normal rules for Battleshock.

If the roll is 1 and that is sufficient to 'fail' the battleshock test, then both effects would be triggered. As both effects trigger from the same chronological event, you pick the order they are applied in.

E.g. if 4 models left, bs test is failed by 4 but a 1 is rolled, it's quite important what order the effects are applied...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

On 11/07/2016 at 11:27 AM, BaldoBeardo said:

The wording on inspiring presence (and Rage of Khorne) is not "immune" to battleshock (or its effects) - it's "does not have to take battleshock tests". This makes it voluntary.

No idea where I picked up immune from - you're right of course, the wording is does not have to.

Archived