Fatesworn Warband - 2 Questions

Oldshrimpeyes

Hi All,

I have put together a Fatesworn Warband list and I have two niggling questions. Both can be asked with the Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount in mind.

1) does the horses hooves benefit from the boost to rend? Obviously this extends the horses for the Chaos knights etc.

2) if I give him Phantasmal Weapons as an artefact, when do I apply this bonus? If I apply it after the Fatesworn rule kicks in he goes to 2 rend on the warhammer. If I apply it before then he doesn't benefit from the warband rule at all. I'm confused about the priority here.

Thanks!

1) Yes. There's currently no reason they wouldn't. Unless specified otherwise for an ability, only Artefacts and Command traits can't apply to mounts in matched play.

2) Generally, the controlling player has the choice for what takes priority for effects/abilities they control, though it would need an FAQ to be 100% one way or the other, I'd ask the opponent before the game. The base weapon profile has a rend value of -, so it would make sense to be able to apply both.

18 hours ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

I think Phantasmal weapons is a Daemons artefact - so you can't give it to a mortal hero. Could be wrong though and I don't have my book handy to check..

The Chaos Lord on Daemonic mount also has the Daemon keyword .. which makes sense due to his mount. But raises the question why other khorne heroes that feature a daemon don't have the keyword.

Archived