Help Starting Stormcast 1000pts onwards

Oldshrimpeyes

So having assembled the Shadespire minis and actually found myself really liking Stormcast, I'm thinking about diving in with a 1000pt force. I'll many be playing with friends rather than tournaments but still don't want to get kerb stomped. Something competitive but not broken is the aim. 

I am a total newcomer to Order so need some help. A while ago I saw a 1000pt list that looked like this:

Lord Aquilor ( Shielded by Faith)

Knight Venator (Luck Stone)

5 Vanguard Hunters x2

3 Vanguard Palladors

3 Vanguard Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows

My questions are:

Is this list still good? I saw that it won a 1000pt tourney but I think it was pre FAQ. I can't remember the source, I think it was this board but I can't find it now.

Does it provide a solid base to build a 2000pt force on? I'd like to port skinks in at some point too as I have a bunch of Lizardmen sitting around from 8th edition.

If the answer to either of the above is negative, what alternatives can people suggesting for 1000pts that I should look into?

Thanks in advance guys and girls.

That's almost the same as my half of the list I'm planning to take to the Doubles at Warhammer World in a couple of weeks, but I've got Staunch on the Aquilor along with Armour of Destiny and no Luckstone on the Venator.

It's not super powerful, but it looks like it will be fun to play with plenty of movement shenanigans!

If you want a tougher 1000 points, then the other list I was thinking of is this - 

Lord Celestant - Staunch, Mirror Shield

Lord Castellant

Lord Relictor

30 Liberators - Warhammer & Shield, 6 Grandhammers

5 Judicators, Skybolt bows, Prime w/Shockbolt Bow

Its a good base for building a Vanguard Wing at 2000 points if you were that way inclined, but big blocks of Liberators are just cool anyway!

Just for reference this is my 1k list. Still building so haven't played any games yet. 

I feel it's a pretty well rounded list. 

Lord Celestant on Dracoth  (general)

Lord Venator

Lord Venator

Lord Relictor or Castellant

X5 Liberators 

X5 Liberators

X2 Fulminators

980 or 1000 depending Relictor or Castellant.

On 07/03/2018 at 3:54 PM, AdamR said:

That's almost the same as my half of the list I'm planning to take to the Doubles at Warhammer World in a couple of weeks, but I've got Staunch on the Aquilor along with Armour of Destiny and no Luckstone on the Venator.

It's not super powerful, but it looks like it will be fun to play with plenty of movement shenanigans!

If you want a tougher 1000 points, then the other list I was thinking of is this - 

Lord Celestant - Staunch, Mirror Shield

Lord Castellant

Lord Relictor

30 Liberators - Warhammer & Shield, 6 Grandhammers

5 Judicators, Skybolt bows, Prime w/Shockbolt Bow

Its a good base for building a Vanguard Wing at 2000 points if you were that way inclined, but big blocks of Liberators are just cool anyway!

How would you expand the second list? 

Also collecting and building Vanguard – but not painting or playing yet. Here's a pretty straight forward all Vanguard list: Within 1000 pts you could also use a Venator instead of Neave.

Neave Blacktalon (120)
Lord-Aquilor (200)
- General
- Trait: Staunch Defender  
- Artefact: Mirrorshield  
5 x Vanguard-Hunters (140)
5 x Vanguard-Hunters (140)
3 x Vanguard-Palladors (220)
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (180)

Total: 1000 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 54

This could be a start for a Blacktalon Battalion list later on. My plan is to play double 6x Palladors and a big group of Raptors for bigger games. Unsure if and how to buff the Raptors, as most effects are lost the moment I have to Aquilor-evacuate, but Relictor and/or Castellan is something I have my eyes on.

Edit: If you want to play without the Blacktalon battalion anyway you might want to look into a bigger group of buffed Judicators (Blessed Weapons?).

13 hours ago, Oldshrimpeyes said:

How would you expand the second list? 

If you wanted to go Vanguard Wing at 2000 you'd need to add 3 units of Prosecutors (300) , the Battalion cost (200) and another battleline - either Liberators or Judicators (100-160) This leaves you with 380-440 points to add other stuff.

Archived