Calgary AoS?

LLV

Is there an AoS community anywhere in Calgary? Any regular events or games going on?

I'm just getting into the game (been in the hobby a long time though) and not found much going on community wise when searching on google and various other groups.

Thanks in advance!

I'm pretty new to AoS in Calgary but there are a few places to play and groups playing AoS in Calgary.  First, try and join the Age of Sigmar Calgary group on facebook as most events get posted there. 

The largest group seems to meet up in the NE at Ogre's Den Gaming on thursday nights.  There are some that play at the Sentry Box although I don't really know much about them.  Imaginary Wars in the South has AoS nights thursday the month of March for the Dread Solstice campaign.  And depending where you live you might want to check out Monster Hobbies in High River.  They have a 1000 point tournament going on near the end of the month and have weekly meetings as well.  

Um, yeah, that's about what I know, hope it helps.  

Thanks mate!

I'll check out your suggestions. I played MtG at a few of those locations and am in the south. You mentioned a tourney - do you know if 1000pts is the general points level people play here? Would be could to know as I build my army.

Thanks again.

I'm not exactly sure what most people play at honestly.  I just started getting into AoS this christmas.  There is a 2 day tournament at the Ogre's Den this weekend that's 2000 points.  And March 15th at Imaginary Wars they are playing 750 point games.  Guess it depends on the place.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ogre's Den is the place to be for AoS.  Regular games on Thursday nights, 15-25 people usually.  Tournaments almost monthly between Edmonton and Calgary, of various types (singles, doubles, starter box only, etc.) 

Best bet is to check out two Facebook groups:  Alberta Age of Sigmar and Ultimate Gamers.

On 5/25/2018 at 2:45 PM, amysrevenge said:

Ogre's Den is the place to be for AoS.  Regular games on Thursday nights, 15-25 people usually.  Tournaments almost monthly between Edmonton and Calgary, of various types (singles, doubles, starter box only, etc.) 

Best bet is to check out two Facebook groups:  Alberta Age of Sigmar and Ultimate Gamers.

Is it easy to get a pickup game? Also how are unfinished armies recieved? I'm working on 2k worth of freehold but it's 90% unpainted, but easily recognizable.

2 minutes ago, ParachuteHopper said:

Is it easy to get a pickup game? Also how are unfinished armies recieved? I'm working on 2k worth of freehold but it's 90% unpainted, but easily recognizable.

Easy, and received without complaint (although there might be teasing if the unpaintedness lasted for a very long time).  Most weekend tournaments have painting requirements, but club nights don't.

Best bet is to join the FB group, as "pick up" games are often arranged there on the week-of rather than just waiting until Thursday when folks show up.

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Going to bump this ancient thread.

Been into the hobby side a ton for a while, but not playing as of yet. Anyone a part of a community in the Calgary area(s) in need of a new player? Interested in getting into a friend group I can physically play with once this pandemic is in the rearview! 

Where are you in the city?  There is a competitive group of people that play in the NE at Ogre's Den.  You can find them if you look up Ultimate Gamers on facebook I think, it's been a while since I've looked them up.

If you are in the South there is a group of us that are more casual that play at Imaginary Wars in the SW.  We even had a league going last year right before Covid hit.  

Good to hear! I'm actually in the northwest, out in Cochrane. But fairly flexible on where I travel for games if I can find a good group.

I find I'm eyeing a mix of competitive and narrative. More of the later then the former, doubt I could play a game where I don't have some narrative involvement for the fun of it. Will keep both the places in mind though!