Lore Question: Stormcast, Stormforging

Kezza921

When a mortal goes through being stormforged (I think that is the right name for it). How much of the person actually remains? First off it's known that as the person goes through multiple "rebirths" their personality is lost over time but what about physical traits obtained through their mortal life?

As far as the lore is concerned, they retain most of their memory and skills at first, gradually losing them all with new and new reforging. Their personality remains more or less for the first time, they can remember their past or what they did as mortals, but then it all slips away.

I believe that there's some variation in how much memory is retained. Some of the earlier books discuss how, even before reforging, some Stormcast are pretty much untouched while others get the barest hints of memory.

As for physical characteristics, presumably gender is in general retained. I don't know if GW have weighed in on whether there are transgender Stormcast, but there's no reason why not considering he's already turning them into 8 foot tall demigods.

When you say, physical traits obtained during their mortal life, do you mean scars, injuries and the like? Or just simply hair-colour? As the reforging 'fixes' death I would imagine scars and anything that prevents the Stormcast from prosecuting Sigmar's Storm would be removed. Anything else, I think, is up for grabs.

6 minutes ago, Dorimant said:

I believe that there's some variation in how much memory is retained. Some of the earlier books discuss how, even before reforging, some Stormcast are pretty much untouched while others get the barest hints of memory.

As for physical characteristics, presumably gender is in general retained. I don't know if GW have weighed in on whether there are transgender Stormcast, but there's no reason why not considering he's already turning them into 8 foot tall demigods.

When you say, physical traits obtained during their mortal life, do you mean scars, injuries and the like? Or just simply hair-colour? As the reforging 'fixes' death I would imagine scars and anything that prevents the Stormcast from prosecuting Sigmar's Storm would be removed. Anything else, I think, is up for grabs.

I think the most important aspect is that they've left it very broad and slightly vague so people can create all sorts of backstories and characters for the stormcast.

Archived