Skaven 2000 point army list help

Vandrare

Hi everyone, I've got a couple of threads going at the moment just trying to work out what to do army wise. I already have a 2000 point Skaven army, fully painted, battle ready but I have had to use chaos warriors as a battle line to avoid painting 60 clanrats. Now that all the clans are split up into groups.. how can I make a competitive Skaven list, without painting so so so many rats and also encoporating most of the clans? I just don't think it is possible. Someone please help me with a competitive 2000 points Skaven  list that makes sense in age of Sigmar. I really like verminus and skyre 

cheers Brendan 

36 minutes ago, Vandrare said:

Hi everyone, I've got a couple of threads going at the moment just trying to work out what to do army wise. I already have a 2000 point Skaven army, fully painted, battle ready but I have had to use chaos warriors as a battle line to avoid painting 60 clanrats. Now that all the clans are split up into groups.. how can I make a competitive Skaven list, without painting so so so many rats and also encoporating most of the clans? I just don't think it is possible. Someone please help me with a competitive 2000 points Skaven  list that makes sense in age of Sigmar. I really like verminus and skyre 

cheers Brendan 

3 units of Stormvermin as Skryre battleline. 

Boom. No rat hordes :)

10 minutes ago, Mayple said:

Whoops! I meant StormFIENDS! Stormfiends! That serves me right for posting late at night :o

I think you might be onto something here mate.. 1200 points of stormfiends and then the rest verminus taking on chaos allegiance traits 

1 minute ago, Vandrare said:

I think you might be onto something here mate.. 1200 points of stormfiends and then the rest verminus taking on chaos allegiance traits 

Well, I mean, with Stormfiends as your battleline, you get Skryre allegiance (which is great), and  get the freedom to fill the rest of the list with all manner of crazy Skryre tech. You'll look at a total model count of less than 50 though, which for any Skaven list is downright crazy. Whether it's the good kind of crazy remains to be seen, but it'll save you the trouble of building a horde at least :)

On Monday, February 05, 2018 at 10:04 PM, Vandrare said:

There is the problem... If you want Stormfiends to count as Battleline, you need to remain Skryre Allegiance, so 1600 of your 2000 has to be Skryre. So, no, you can't take the other 800 points as Verminus and call it good. Unless you have 3 units of Clanrats...

Basically, there is no way, currently, for a pure Skaven list to mix and match clans without Clanrats. Only 20% of your army can be allies unless you go Grand Alliance Chaos. So, focus on one clan, or deal with at least 60 Clanrats. Sorry.

On 8-2-2018 at 8:34 PM, flamingwalnut said:

There is the problem... If you want Stormfiends to count as Battleline, you need to remain Skryre Allegiance, so 1600 of your 2000 has to be Skryre. So, no, you can't take the other 800 points as Verminus and call it good. Unless you have 3 units of Clanrats...

Basically, there is no way, currently, for a pure Skaven list to mix and match clans without Clanrats. Only 20% of your army can be allies unless you go Grand Alliance Chaos. So, focus on one clan, or deal with at least 60 Clanrats. Sorry.

I personally take some small units of reavers instead of skaven to fill some battleline requirements, especially since smaller units are just fodder anyways. So far it seems ok-ish, even though not as skaven purist :P

Archived