The "This would be a cool rule" thread

Infeston

Because I find some of the rules on the Age of Sigmar warscrolls very boring I wanted to started a "What if" - thread. 

And I just wanted to talk about interesting rules which could work with Age of Sigmar, independent of a special unit or faction. But if you have an idea for an ability for a special faction it would also be cool. I just want to hear what creative or unique rules, spells, abilities you can think of, outside of the whole buff +1 to hit/wound/ward save rules. But we can also discuss how these rules could be exploitable or why they wouldn't work on the tabletop.

1. The first ability I have thought of would be a "Synergize" ability/spell, which links two units with each other. If one unit is damaged, on a 3+ the damage is inflicted on the other unit.

2.  A "hovering weapons" spell. A wizard could cast this spell on a unit and one of the melee weapons becomes a ranged weapon until the next hero phase. The weapon cannot be used in the combat phase, but in the shooting phase.

I will stop here. I just wanted to give an impression. What are rules, abilities, spells that you can think of?

Okay, I got a balanced one, with references to the lore, so we know it is completely acceptable and balanced. Did I mention that it is balanced?

Okay, you ready?

Skaven receives a variant of the warplightning cannon with the following rules: ''In your shooting face, you can blow up the moon. If you do so, remove all models from the field, as the destructive energies wipe out everything. Flip the table. This does double damage against SERAPHON. To reflect this, remove every Seraphon player from the room. They automatically lose the match they were playing.''

In Narrative play, you have to bring a Boulder token (1:1 Boulder scale) and drop it on the table. Whatever remains standing survives :D

In Firestorm, it destroys D6/6 of the map.

Well after playing fast moving Warherds as Kharadron Overlords and getting charged and slaughtered before I could shoot them off the board, some form of overwatch would be nice, though if the trade off is not being able to shoot in or out of combat, I'd keep it where it is.

models with behemoth status become terrain when they fall - I payed a modification of the chaos seige giant rule in the legion of azgorh;  

Timber!

If a model with the behemoth category is slain, both players roll a dice, and whoever rolls highest decides in which direction the model falls.

(the player commanding the model wins any ties)

Place the model on its side in the direction in which it falls – any unit (friend or foe) it lands on su ers D3 mortal wounds. leave the model on the battlefield and it now counts as as terrain piece.  The only exception of if the model has is ethereal or a daemon of chaos , in which case it disscorporates back into the realm of death or chaos.

Another one we tried with hilarious effect was this one - mainly because I was playing against a really nice medieval dead themed  skeleton horde army  without a necromancer, just wight lords as heroes and some ethereal troops, so we agreed to give him the fear factor.

Arise the fallen..

At the end of each players turn, any living models slain by the hand of a death army are added to the death player's army having risen again as undead.

hand over your slain models to the opposing player to control.   if the model is a monster or gargantuan beast then ignore all special abilities and use the model's stat line at half it's wounds value. and with -1 to hit to hit.

Once slain a second time around  they are removed from play

maybe make exceptions for armies such as  stormcast, daemons and seraphon who aren't strictly mortals as such as discorporate when slain.

It made for an interesting tactical game as in the face of this you're going as much to not get slain as you are to counter his army.

Archived