rolling for random number of attacks generated, and prayers stacking

James McPherson

Question

A couple of people said this had been FAQ'd at the weekend, but I couldn't find it anywhere, they were saying you roll once for all the models in the unit, and use that as a multiplier. ie Skyfire's Discs attacks do d3 attacks each, so roll once for the whole unit. Can anyone show me where it's written?

Also someone was saying Prayers have been FAQ'd so they can't stack, but It's the first I've heard of it? And again can't see it in the FAQ?

thanks in advance =)

5 answers to this question

Do you have a Battletome?

There is a page called "Hints & Tips" (each Battletome has it). In Disciplies of Tzeentch it should be page 113.

There is a rule for "Random Values". There was a change in FAQ that Damage is rolled a dice each, but for attacks ir's like you said in your post.

In case of prayers,  I don't know. In some case the wording of the rule was changed. But I can't remember that there is one point that alters all prayers.

Edit: And last updates on FAQs should have been in October 2017 or they are older than that.

1 hour ago, EMMachine said:

Do you have a Battletome?

There is a page called "Hints & Tips" (each Battletome has it). In Disciplies of Tzeentch it should be page 113.

There is a rule for "Random Values". There was a change in FAQ that Damage is rolled a dice each, but for attacks ir's like you said in your post.

In case of prayers,  I don't know. In some case the wording of the rule was changed. But I can't remember that there is one point that alters all prayers.

ah ok cool thanks, got it

Yeah the prayer thing was weird, because they just released a whole Battle Trait of prayers in GHB'17 for Pestilens that rely on spamming them. I've not seen it written anywhere that you can't.

22 minutes ago, James McPherson said:

Yeah the prayer thing was weird, because they just released a whole Battle Trait of prayers in GHB'17 for Pestilens that rely on spamming them. I've not seen it written anywhere that you can't.

Hm, the Great Plages on page 144 can only be cast once because of the following text

... . Each Great Plague can manifest once per battle, and no more than one can be manifest per turn.

But I don't see other cases that this was changed last weekend (after there is no FAQ on Warhammer Community with the Date January 14, 2018)

13 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Prayers to my knowledge haven't been FAQ'd, but it will depend on the wording of the prayer.  For example, Killing Frenzy states that you Add 1 to the hit rolls of the unit and not "any unit affects by Killing Frenzy"

Didn't which prayers aren't stackable.

One thing, I had in my mind was "Rage of Khorne" of the Bloodsecrator (which isn't a prayer)

thanks mate, yeah I'm not talking about the Great Plagues as they technically aren't prayers, I'm talking about the 2 -3 Prayers you choose from to cast from the Priest's or Furnace's to trigger them. It wouldn't make sense if you could only roll two or three prayers per turn as you'd never get a GP off. It was just someone said Prayers had been FAQ'd, but they haven't to my knowledge.

Archived