Game 6 new BoK army v Slaanesh Slaves of Darkness

Greetings from the Warp

Hi all, Game 6 with my new-ish Blades of Khorne army versus my friend Tom and his all Slaanesh Slaves of Darkness Chaos Army....

Great game and a Chaos Legion face off - Khorne v Slaanesh, rival Daemon hatred but who won?!!!!??

It was a great and close game, and we played Starstrike mission, 2000 points matched play.

Tom was running a Slaanesh Invaders list with; Sayl, an Exalted Keeper of Secrets (EKoS), a Chaos Lord on Daemon Mount, 10 Slaanesh Chosen, a Herald on Exalted Chariot, 2 x 5 Hell Striders and 2 x 30 Daemonettes.

My list was the same as I took the last 3 games, and is below. 

Tom's list was a great and solid looking list, tons of rend and and super fast moving.. It mirrored in a way my Blades list, as a bit of a glass cannon in parts, quick and hard hitting with lots of rend, but a majority 5+ save.

My deployment was standard again. Central blocks of Bloodletters, Both BT's central, all characters central ish, Blood Reavers covering my characters and rear, and Blood Warriors on each flanks. 

I took first turn with only 6 drops. Here's some of the highlights and learnings:

-Turn 1 I powered up my IRBT and he shot out the ranks and was in Toms face straight away, catching him a little off guard. In total I managed a 24"+ move run and charge (10" charge helped) and went into a unit of 30 Daemonettes on my right flank 

-The IRBT had Crimson Crown on him, and as he had 2 Killing Frenzy's also it means hitting in 2's and extra attacks on 4's instead of 6's... He killed 23 Daemonettes in damage and then the remaining 7 died / fled in Battleshock 

-His remaining 7 Daemonettes before fleeing, chipped some wounds off the IRBT 

-This left Toms left flank open a little, and left my IRBT a bit vulnerable but it was a gamble and a risk

-Tom made clever use of the Hellstriders and the Exalted Daemon's -1 to hit, as at some points I was at -2 to hit, and made a huge impact on my army and buffs 

-I inevitably lost my IRBT to the EKoS and whilst I got 2 Blood Tithe points from doing the whole flank attack thing, I sacrificed 260 points for 270 points but took off a unit of Daemonettes. They were a huge threat and can run and assault would of swamped my units in rend attacks and extra attacks on 6's

-The Stars / objectives fell in the centre, and on my right in both our deployment areas

-I went first in turns 1 and 2, and Tom went first in turns 3,4 and 5

-Having not learnt my lesson lol, next turn I threw my WoKBT into his second unit of 30 Daemonettes and did 18 wounds and earned a Blood Tithe point (Immense Power and Mark of the Bloodreaper)

-The Blood Tithe table is great and levels 3-5 are huge and can make a real difference, especially as you can do it at any stage in your opponents hero phase.. A couple of times I burned them to allow a free move, of to pile in and attack in his hero phase

-Slaughterpriests did nothing lol.. Turn 2 they both failed their Bloodboil prayer even with rerolls, and then turn 3 they both failed again even with rerolls!!!!! I really needed it turn 3 too, as I could of killed off the EKoS and freed up a unit doh!

-The Bloodletters were great and did there job, as they killed off the ENoSin the end and anything else they faced

In the end 2 Hellstriders and about 6 Daemonettes camped on objectives in Turn 5 and got 10 points.. Tom was clever as the Hellstriders fell back out of combat,  but forwards then moved and ran next turn to get on the other objective in my deployment area.. 

Had I rolled a 3 on the WoKBT to wound for his Bloodflail I would of killed them off it!! Likewise in combat the WoKBT killed some Daemonettes and Battleshock would of killed them off, but.... He rolled a 1 and 5 odd came back!!!!! That sealed the game there lol...

In the end it was a 24-19 Victory to Slaanesh, and ended my 3 game win streak lol. It was a great game, great opponent too.. Model wise I had quite a lot left, including nearly a full strength Bloodletter unit, WoKBT, Characters etc, whereas Tom had about 6 Daemonettes and 2 Hellstriders left... I just ran out of turns and mobility!

I am not going to change anything in my list, think it's a great list just user-error at the minute lol!  Am really happy with the army synergy, and the Bloodletters are just badass they go through anything you point them at!

The learning and practicing continues!

IMG_5080.PNG

IMG_5081.PNG

8 hours ago, Agent of Chaos said:

Loving these reports! Definitely a bit unlucky to lose this one but thats warhammer!

Just a tip; in the recent Q&A it was ruled that Bloodtithe can only be used at the start of either player's hero phase and not anytime during the phase (apart from Spelleater Curse which activates as required).

Hey dude cheers really appreciate the feedback, glad you like them!

Hahah yeah bit unlucky but as we all know it's a dice game and somedays you roll 6's and somedays lol, well you roll 1's!?!

Thank you for clearing that up, the change makes a lot of sense and I'll be sure to use it and be proper about it!!

Thanks for the update and for your reply ??

• 2 weeks later...

Archived