Seraphon Stormcast Alliance?

Piepertje

Hi!

I have recently started playing warhammer AOS and o boy I am hooked!

I started with a AOS starter set with stormcast eternals pitched up against the Bloodborn (a friend of mine took this part of the set).

I initially thought the stormcast eternals were kind of lame but I changed my view completely after painting them and reading the rules. But still, I am inclined to expand my army with Seraphons. 

The first purchace I want to do is the start collecting set of the Seraphons since it seems such good value. 

After that, I am a bit unsure. I really like the Bastiladon. A big ranged unit couldn't hurt and it looks great!
So far, i came up with this list for 1500 points:

Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (280)
Skink Starseer (200)
Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
Lord-Relictor (80)
10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
5 x Saurus Knights (100)
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
10 x Liberators (200)
3 x Prosecutors  (100)
Bastiladon (280)

Total 1780 points, so i have to make some cuts.. But i would't know what to cut or replace!

What do you think of this composition? 

If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

1500 isn't a battle size that is technically covered in Matched Play, so depending on how you do it, you might need to split the Liberators in two groups of 5 for 3 Battleline (count as 2000 points) or if you use the 1000 point restriction, you are good. Depends on your group.

ANYWAYS, not sure what to cut. You could cut Relictor, Knights and Prosecutors, but that removes speed. You could go Retributors and...something, but that removes hitting power. The EASIEST thing is to go up to 2000 points with a Batallion or something, but that only works if you can find people to play 2000 points with...

You just need to think on what you WANT out of your force? Fast and agile? Hard hitting and defensive? Maybe, since you are in Mixed Order, you can find another unit that can do what you want for cheaper, or to flesh out a part of your list you like more. Just a thought.

Hi Flamingwalnut,

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.  Yes I gather it would be easier to assemble a 2000 count army since i need to cut so much when assembling a 1000 point army.

For now, I will give it some more thought and perhaps will cut some units, perhaps the start collecting set and the starpriest so that it is a total of 1100 points. 

Archived