Battalions that can not be played in pitch battle

Dan.Ford

So I thought it would be a good thread to shine some light onto battalion options that are in books but can not be played in pitch battle at 2000 points or in some cases 2500,

For example

Daemon Legion of Khorne battalion , Can not be played in a 2000 or 2500 point limit pitch battle game.  I'm not certain if it ever could. !! :( 

The Reaper of Vengeance. Not possible in a 2000 pitch battle, 

Gorethunder cohort: If you start with the max number of units of skullcannons ........ Which is 8 unit but you are only allowed 4 in 2000 and 5 in 2500, !!

I think there may be others in the Blades of Khorne book .

The point of this thread is to highlight any other Battalions or options from the battalion that can not be made in a 2000 or 2500 point pitch battle game.

This is a great idea, it's always quite depressing when you're reading your new battletome to find some battalions unplayable in a game.

Beastclaw Raiders:

Alfrostun: Minimum of 4950, it's silly to even print this thing - it would be just as good to describe it in the fluff only.

Svard Alfrostun: Minimum of 2540.

Olwyr Alfrostun: Minimum of 2060. 

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

I'd like to point out that battalions aren't designed for 2k games.

I'm gonna have to disagree with that one; think it's more appropriate to say that not ALL battalions are designed for the 2k bracket - some clearly fit very well into it. I'd be surprised if Household or Outcasts had a higher point price in mind. 

3 hours ago, Freejack02 said:

I'm gonna have to disagree with that one; think it's more appropriate to say that not ALL battalions are designed for the 2k bracket - some clearly fit very well into it. I'd be surprised if Household or Outcasts had a higher point price in mind. 

Even if you max all units?  Sure they fit nicely into 2k, but if you max every single unit ? Easily goes up..

They are designed with 2k in mind, but not for 2k games. There's a difference 

9 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

They are designed with 2k in mind, but not for 2k games. There's a difference 

Claiming to know the intent behind game design puts the burden of proof on you... so unless you can quote the Dev team as saying this you're just making  an odd assumption.

12 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

Even if you max all units?  Sure they fit nicely into 2k, but if you max every single unit ? Easily goes up..

Yes, even if you max every single unit. The absolute largest a Household can be is 810 points, and for Outcasts it's 1350. 

In case of the Stormcast Eternals I would say:

Warrior Chamber (needs 7 Battalions) = 6000 Points,

Harbinger Chamber (need 4 Battalions)= 3100,

Exemplar Chamber (need 4 Battalions)=4000

I rounded the points in that case because of the difference which heroes you can take. In most cases one battalion  needs around 800-1000 Points per Battalion + Lords of the Storm with another 800 Points.

And the Extremis Chamber (minimum amound of Points: 4620 if a Lord Celestand on Dracoth is used and not a single battleline Unit.

Archived