Like the Game, Still Not a Fluff Fan

SuperHappyTime

Title should tell you everything you need to know about me.

I like how AoS as a game is simpler than Fantasy 8th Edition. But I still dislike this fluff compared to the old Warhammer universe.

Yea, and I'd rather be on Warseer too. Bickering aside, their project logs were amazing. I do look forward to posting with the rest of you though.

I'm with you on that. I think the fluff has potential but the directing they went with it was very poor. Starting with story based campaign books (even the core book!" was just silly for a brand new setting. It just feels like they took off without laying the foundation.

I can understand the grievance at loss of the old world, the death of the high fantasy which was refined through 30 years of Warhammer. But the new 'fluff' is not just good, its amazing. Dozens of novels amazingly crafted by a bunch of different writers, a bunch also masterfully done on audiobook. Also, much of the world is exactly the same; Skaven are being Skaven, chaos is as chaos as chaos has ever been. The only change is that, instead of each race having part of some plain earthly realm, they are spread out through 8 diverse mystical realms, each with a very rich theme and deep history. New factions such as Stormcast & Fireslayers have completely new lore while old factions such as Seraphon, Pestilins & Flesh Eaters have new (and much richer) lore then they ever had before.

If you do truly love the old world, there are hundreds of novels - the lore hasn't gone anywhere. Personally I read all of the end times books and like to read some of the old novels - I'm currently reading one about Nagash. But the new novels are really great. If you are not reading any of the new stuff, then you don't really know if you like the new lore or not.

Archived