Game 5 new BoK army v Seraphons

Greetings from the Warp

Hi all,

Game 5 tonight with my Blades and had an epic super close great game versus my mate Paul's gorgeous Seraphon army.. 2000 points Matched Play, and I ran a Gore Pilgrims based list (below). 

I love Seraphons too so was really looking forward to this game, and we had plenty of trash talk leading up to it?

We played Starstrike, and went 5 turns ?

He was running a Starpriest, a Skink Priest, a Sauraus Sunblood, 15 Sauraus Guard (love these ?), 2 x 20 Skinks, some Camelion Skinks, some Teradactols,  a Stegadon and 2 Bastilidons with chaos hating lazers...

I did my normal-ish deployment with the Bloodsecrator dead middle, Stoker and Priests central and within 8", Bloodletters in centre left and centre right, double BT's central too, and Warriors and Reavers protecting flanks and rear.. 

He went 1st on Turns 1-4, and I managed to win priority on Turn 5. The pieces of stars came down on my left / his right in both our deployment areas, and directly in the centre in no mans land. 

Great game, highlights and learnings were=

- Paul rolled a 6 for priority for 3 turns running wtf haha?!

- He also rolled a double 6 for BOTH Bastillidons in the same shooting phase and incinerated my Bloodletters?

- Turn 1 he Teleported his Stegadon onto my left flank and charged 5 Blood Warriors.. He rolled really poorly and they were locked in combat for like 4 rounds I think in the end, with the Blood Warriors finally winning!!!

- Blood Warriors are fantastic, such a good little unit and can really dish out the pain, as on the other flank they ended up killing the Saurus Sunblood through attacking when they die?

- Double BT's hunting in a pack is deadly, as its such a big target and threat you just can't ignore them

- Not sure if have got the right load out on the BT's yet, for example was good trying out 'The Mark of the Bloodreaper' but didn't really happen for me.. I think the Immense Power on the WoKBT is a keeper,  and the Crimson Crown on the IRBT also

- Bloodletters wow, they just don't seem to let you down!! They do their jobs and can really dish them mortals out.. A unit of 25 odd went into his 15 Saurus Guard and killed them just through the Mortals (they got 17 mortals from 47 attacks, as had Killing Frenzy plus plus on them etc)

- I tried the Banner on the Bloodsecrator that allows units within 8" to reroll charges.. Whilst wasn't game changing it did allow a couple of charges that would of failed so defo something to try again...

Game went 27-25.. Super epic, top game, loved it!! Blood for the Blood God, we came and we took some scalps lol!!

IMG_4826.PNG

IMG_4827.PNG

2 hours ago, Praecautus said:

How are you finding the small units of blood warriors? I usually run mine in groups of 10 which I like but also curious to hear about other options. Are you doing it for blood tithe and more champs?

I also love em!

Hey dude thanks for the reply..

Lol caveat is I'm new to Sigmar so please don't take this as gospel.

I really like smal units of 5, as it gives more units to have on flank or rear guard duty. A unit of 10 say, to me, feels like they're more a take and hold unit, as it would almost be a waste having them just sit on my flanks, if that makes sense. 

If you can split them up without impacting your total units / drops then defo try them. Worst case you have them running together and assaulting at same time so then they kind of become a unit of 10..!?

My punch and Horde come from 2 x 30 Bloodletter blocks so in a way I can kind of afford to only run MSU units of 5. They dish out more damage than they should lol, considering only 5 strong.

I really like them in 5's, and whilst never say never and it would be good to test them in a 10, I would need to be clear about the why and how, as they have worked great so far just in 5's..

Great battle report! Shame you guys dont record these cause this sounded like it would have been a crazy game to see..

Really really love your list.. I am just not a fan of bloodletter model but after seeing how well they played for you I might have to invest in some anyways lol... do you find yourself always running the 2 blocks of 30?

On 24/11/2017 at 1:41 PM, Wobbly Modeler said:

Great battle report! Shame you guys dont record these cause this sounded like it would have been a crazy game to see..

Really really love your list.. I am just not a fan of bloodletter model but after seeing how well they played for you I might have to invest in some anyways lol... do you find yourself always running the 2 blocks of 30?

Hey dude thanks for the post..

It was a great game and he's a great opponent too.. I do like Seraphons too!!!

I totally know what you mean, I think the Bloodletter model is / was ok, however there's something about seeing 30 or 60 of them all together that makes you just say wow that looks epic!! Like a proper daemon legion!!

I always run them as 2 x 30 as it saves you a ton of points (basically a free Bloodwarrior unit), and it means you're over the 20 model mark which means you get +1 to hit which is huge. Also because it's such a large footprint if you're clever, you can position the dudes at the back or sides so you're within 8" of a BT, you can reroll 1's to hit!

Powered up Bloodletters are soooooo powerful they've not let me down once!

On 27/11/2017 at 11:29 AM, Gillbilly said:

Great report! Thanks for sharing. Would you consider dropping 5 blood warriors for another priest or do you find them more useful?

Hey thanks am glad you liked it!!

It's a good point, and something I looked into after some earlier games..

For me so far, and this is just my personal opinion, is I think I prefer the Blood Warriors...

The  Slaughterpriests are great and the Gore Pilgrim Warscroll's fantastic, however like in my latest game the Slaughterpriests can be hit and miss!?

Whereas the Blood Warriors take on anything and normally do ok, especially with attacking again before they are removed (Reapjte rule)... I always use them to cover flanks too, as there's so much out there that can teleport and so-on.

At the minute for me, 2 Slaughterpriests and 2 units of Blood Warriors seem to be the sweet spot for this list.

Archived